HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:18 AM
Joined Mar 2011
43 Posts
As posted by james from horizon

Hi Guys,

The gyro gain is adjustable for the tail.

It uses channel 5 (gear channel).

For DX7s, DX8, and DX18 radios
Gyro menu off = 0% gain on channel 5. This is the stock gain and the helicopter will fly just fine here.

Gyro menu on
0% = stock gain.
Increasing the number will increase the gyro gain. Range: 0% to 100%
Decreasing the number decreases the gain. Range: -100% to 0%

For DX6i and DX7/SE radios
The neutral gain point changes from 0% to 50%

Gyro menu off = 50% gain on channel 5. This is the stock gain and the helicopter will fly just fine here.

Gyro menu on
50% = stock gain.
Increasing the number will increase the gyro gain. Range: 50% to 100%
Decreasing the number decreases the gain. Range: 0% to 50%

I hope this clarifies this for you guys.

Thanks,
James
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:35 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
Adjustable gain from the TX, Fantastic!!!!

I don't like having to use the sticks and blinking leds on the 130X.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:40 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenta View Post
As posted by james from horizon

Hi Guys,

The gyro gain is adjustable for the tail. It uses channel 5 (gear channel).
For DX7s, DX8, and DX18 radios - Gyro menu off = 0% gain on channel 5.
This is the stock gain and the helicopter will fly just fine here. Gyro menu on
0% = stock gain. Increasing the number will increase the gyro gain.
Range: 0% to 100% - decreasing the number decreases the gain.
Range: -100% to 0%
Just back from a test flight with 2 more batteries - did everything by the "book" and ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE in tail-wag no matter if the gyro gain is 0 or 100 or anything in between. Won't rush to judgement if it just my heli or me - but I'll be watching this forum with interest to see what the findings of other BL mCPx are doing - or not doing.
CaptJac is online now Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:12 AM
Crashing Spectacularly daily
United States, WI, Menomonee Falls
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Lose the charger

Since this is BNF only and targeted at the experienced pilot, please tell Marketing they can position themselves better against Walkera by not including a non-balancing battery charger and by using a battery with balancing connector.

You have a top-notch heli at 2.5x the price of Walkera's new model--for that price consumers shouldn't have to make any mods to bring a down-graded battery system up to standard, and at this level we all own multiple high-end chargers. You spent a lot on R&D, finish polishing the product, and for heaven's sake, put a good looking canopy on it. Finally, while your manuals are good, kick it up to "great" by including the gyro settings and other details; manuals are marketing tools, people download them and base purchases on them.
bhkrause is offline Find More Posts by bhkrause
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:23 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,816 Posts
Come on - that would mean HH products had to go through QA and testing! hahahaa

They basically just send out everything and keep their fingers crossed that it all works.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:41 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhkrause View Post
Since this is BNF only and targeted at the experienced pilot, please tell Marketing they can position themselves better against Walkera by not including a non-balancing battery charger and by using a battery with balancing connector.

You have a top-notch heli at 2.5x the price of Walkera's new model--for that price consumers shouldn't have to make any mods to bring a down-graded battery system up to standard, and at this level we all own multiple high-end chargers. You spent a lot on R&D, finish polishing the product, and for heaven's sake, put a good looking canopy on it. Finally, while your manuals are good, kick it up to "great" by including the gyro settings and other details; manuals are marketing tools, people download them and base purchases on them.
The battery does have a balance cable and needs no mods to charge with a regular balancer, nor is the battery a down grade for micro heli's.

What is the Walkera heli that you speak of that that is 2.5 times lower than this heli? As far as I know (I have owned most walkera models) they have nothing similar.

The manuals do sound like they could use an extra page though
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:46 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,001 Posts
Quote:
I sure can an AGREE with that one!! Their charger is a JOKE! It blinks for 2 hours and you have no idea what it is doing. I finally gave up with it and made an adapter for my charger that I could charge and balance the battery with their ONE connector. PITA !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:47 AM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
The battery does have a balance cable and needs no mods to charge with a regular balancer, nor is the battery a down grade for micro heli's.

What is the Walkera heli that you speak of that that is 2.5 times lower than this heli? As far as I know (I have owned most walkera models) they have nothing similar.
Your battery has a balance connector??? No connector would be the downgrade, obviously S2 is a huge improvement.

Walkera Super CP, $100 BNF, and their TX are inexpensive.

Before you blow a feathering spindle saying it can't perform 3-D as well as the BL, realize the price isn't close either, it does good 3-D, and should be priced around $150-$175 U.S.D. based on abilities.

With that said, the BL is revolutionary, as is the Super CP.
SCP + Devo 10 is $250
BL + DX8 is $580
So you can buy a SCP + TX + 3 backup SCPs + $30 in parts vs. one BL + TX, which is why a polished product from Horizon is important.
Last edited by bhkrause; Jan 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: TX $ clairity
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:57 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Yes every single battery that is a 2s from Blade has a balance connector, take a close look at the plug. It takes away unneeded weight from the battery for redundant plugs. Like most heli batteries, you need to buy or make a plug to connect it to your higher grade charger and balance them.

On the Super CP, that is just another version of the miniCP.... It is not really new and not much different than the mini at all.

The super cp is more like the standard mcpx, same goes for the miniCP which actually does have a better gyro than the mcpx. The mini CP and super are a good value for what they are, but so is a mcpx that can be had for near the same price.

Also no you cant compare brushed to brushless or say the super CP is revolutionary, it is really the same product as before with a few (very minor) tweaks

On the radios, yes Walkera does offer good value. But having owned the devo8, 8s and 12s I can say with certainty that they are not built as nicely as the dx8 or the dx18 or with the actual backing of a company if issues arise. The really odd thing about the Walkera tx line up is each radio always seems to be missing a few switches and such, though the color touch screens are nice and I am not sure while all brands of radios are not offering that yet

Though I am not really curious about their tx offerings, only if they had something new and comparable to this new edition to the Blade line up, which they apparently do not
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Jan 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:41 PM
Lodose, Sweden
Joined Aug 2004
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJac View Post
Just back from a test flight with 2 more batteries - did everything by the "book" and ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE in tail-wag no matter if the gyro gain is 0 or 100 or anything in between. Won't rush to judgement if it just my heli or me - but I'll be watching this forum with interest to see what the findings of other BL mCPx are doing - or not doing.
This is my experience as well, I went from -90 to +90 and no difference what so ever..
pela is offline Find More Posts by pela
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:08 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
That's like saying the BL is just another version, nothing to look at, please move along...but it's not.

The Super CP has servo control on the main board, so is much lighter & servo replacement is cheap (which is good because they strip often). Gyro is better, fly time is up, price is way down.

The BL has great integration, better gyro, more performance and the other benefits of brushless, plus higher quality and better support.

So can you compare a fleet of SCPs to one BL...sure, look at price vs. performance. What total package does each offer and how good is it?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:37 PM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pela View Post
This is my experience as well, I went from -90 to +90 and no difference what so ever..
This is starting to have a familiar ring - the first buyers identifying what appears as a glitch - HorizonHobby saying everything is fine. The blade holders flying off the first mCPx was blamed on everything but the truth. Intermittent tail-wag is a glitch. If the BL mCPx has a design problem it should be identified - not justified. There is more than one player on this playing field. Lets make sure we are getting what we are paying for and not what HorizonHobby says we are paying for.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:40 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
That's like saying the BL is just another version, nothing to look at, please move along...but it's not.

The Super CP has servo control on the main board, so is much lighter & servo replacement is cheap (which is good because they strip often). Gyro is better, fly time is up, price is way down.

The BL has great integration, better gyro, more performance and the other benefits of brushless, plus higher quality and better support.

So can you compare a fleet of SCPs to one BL...sure, look at price vs. performance. What total package does each offer and how good is it?
No it is not like that at all, and the brushless mcpx is really an entirely new heli.

On the other hand Walkera does this all the time. They really only have one 100 size heli under 5 or so names with different features and price points. It isnt really a Super CP it is a genius v5...economy version. Same with their 120 line up...

The Super CP is nothing more than a lower price point miniCP, without Telemetry or "smart" servos and comes with updated gyro software and a genius motor in it so the flights last longer. The servos are not only made to be cheap replacements for the consumers, but made to be cheap to manufacture.

The brushless mcpx has many physical changes along with a completely new power plant and no i just dont see the comparison you are trying to make, it is really apples and oranges. Price vs performance ~ 2s and brushless is just incomparable to a 1s economy version Super CP.

It is similar to trying to compare a 120d02s to a 130x, which having owned multiples of each can say they do not fly remotely similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJac View Post
This is starting to have a familiar ring - the first buyers identifying what appears as a glitch - HorizonHobby saying everything is fine. The blade holders flying off the first mCPx was blamed on everything but the truth. Intermittent tail-wag is a glitch. If the BL mCPx has a design problem it should be identified - not justified. There is more than one player on this playing field. Lets make sure we are getting what we are paying for and not what HorizonHobby says we are paying for.
I think it more sounds like non complete documentation, so the end users are not getting access to the gyro functionality. It probably is something simple being left out for gyro control programming. Since it is setup as 0 as standard something on setup could differ to
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:59 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,256 Posts
I just received word that the mCP X BL began shipping today to HCP dealers in the US.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:12 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I think I'll be holding off on my purchase until these issues are answered...

Seems they get avoided by the people whom should know and answer.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01