Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:19 PM
Walking with the Lord
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Discussion
RC App for iPhone

Hey guys,

There is a simple app I made for iPhones that keeps a record of all your aircraft and their average flight times which when started, sounds an alarm when it is time for you to land. You'll notice on the AppStore About screenshots that Radical RC Wright Flyer B is shown as an example aircraft. I couldn't resist and this gives up more exposure.

INSTRUCTIONS:
* You have to enter a Make, Model and a duration that is greater than 00:00.
* Swipe an aircraft in the list to delete it. I provide a Sample Aircraft for you, you can delete it or edit it.
* Click the '+' button on the main screen to add your aircraft.
* Tap an aircraft from the main screen and click START to begin counting down. Turn up your volume to desired level.
* There are Ads on the bottom of the screen but it's FREE.

INFO:
It's just a simple app but handy in the field in case your TX beeper is not loud enough. It's handy for listing all your aircraft too. You can even take a picture of your aircraft too. Of course it's FREE which is a nice touch. It's called RC Clock or link is below. I fixed a bug that made it crash if you didn't take a pic. It works now.

Here's the link to it:

GravyBones is offline Find More Posts by GravyBones
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:23 PM
The Wind Is Your Friend
USA, NY, Troy
Joined Jul 2010
104 Posts
I like your idea! What about another feature that can help document the total duration of flight time per aircraft? I often wonder how long I am in the air vs on the ground while at the flying field.
EBurkart3rd is offline Find More Posts by EBurkart3rd
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:26 PM
Joined Sep 2012
34 Posts
First, why not for Android? Second, what does this do that my DX6i won't?
Billytown is offline Find More Posts by Billytown
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:33 AM
Walking with the Lord
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billytown View Post
First, why not for Android? Second, what does this do that my DX6i won't?
First: Android.....fragmentation, java bloat, unproven reliability, no review of apps to eliminate viruses/identity theft, phone quality, lack of aesthetics. Second: Your DX6i's beeper is not as loud or cannot fit in your pocket if you want to carry around your hangar info to show someone, or is free. Third, this world really does need more jumpy haters. Keep it up, it
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyBones View Post
First: Android.....fragmentation, java bloat, unproven reliability, no review of apps to eliminate viruses/identity theft, phone quality, lack of aesthetics. Second: Your DX6i's beeper is not as loud or cannot fit in your pocket if you want to carry around your hangar info to show someone, or is free. Third, this world really does need more jumpy haters. Keep it up, it
Wow. Sensitive hipster. Noted.
Billytown is offline Find More Posts by Billytown
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:42 PM
Walking with the Lord
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billytown View Post
Wow. Sensitive hipster. Noted.
Heehee.... Thanks for nothing.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:13 PM
YAY the tourists are GONE
United States, MA, Sandwich
Joined Feb 2010
190 Posts
as a fellow modeler and programmer I hope I can give you some constructive criticism

1, needs a stop/abort button
2, needs to record total time per model

because it does not record total time and does not have a stop button, the stock alarm timer on my iphone works better

but it most definitely is a great start and I do hope that you will continue to update it. will look forward
Kit_Builder is offline Find More Posts by Kit_Builder
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:00 PM
Walking with the Lord
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I may upgrade that app, but I am in the midst of another app that does what you suggested plus a lot more. I'll let you know when that launches. Come to think of it, I think I need to put a stop button on the RC Clock app tough. Also another suggestion was good to allow you to turn your phone off and have it sound the alarm when it's time to land, instead of having to keep it on the whole time.