SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:51 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,118 Posts
Re; Report # 13

We like a good controversy here, on occasion. Some of us will even let you have your own opinions on things.

As you say, you have your own way of presenting things,and it came across as 'whiney'..

But let me ask you this- do you think we helped the guy you're complaining about,here, or would he have been better served by a direct connection?

You may not be a 'helpful guy',but he ain't no smarter from this...

PM him-talk to him-you could get him to improve his sales, and customer base.and I'll bet his ads will take on a new look.
We aren't the guys you should be talking to.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:42 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday View Post
Some of you are on the same page now some of you aren't *cough* *cough* scales only *cough* *cough* (kidding haha)

The internet sends to turn what I say around a little, I'm not soft with my words and it doesn't always come across the way I mean.

No, take a step back and read what I said.

Anyway I'm getting carried away, my point is simple it would be interest in the person selling it that there was more information, people will take them more seriously. It's just the world works. Tear apart my point with your negativity if you want but I was simply making a suggestion.

I love this sport, people create awesome reviews and amazing build threads, it's just as interesting to read up on a small unknown dude who designed something awesome. When people overlook a potentially good design, it's sad.

[/rant]
You keep saying the same thing over and over,, believe me I get it. see post #6
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:35 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,849 Posts
Hehe...The Op on this thread wants more Info....I for one buy Planes upon their Looks and what others have tested...Frankly I don't care about the details of what you want to see....that's why I said Different Strokes for Different Folks....Most buy because of price....And reports from fellow pilots...and looks....I just don't care bout all the info your asking Sellers to post...If you need more details...its your duty to ask..Send your inquiries to the Seller.....Very simple....I have to agree with Earl...You kinda sound a lil bit "whiny"...Sorry...but that's the way your comin across here...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is online now Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:42 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
If there is 1 thing most on this sight do well its complain!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:38 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
2,059 Posts
I know right,, I hate that ;-)
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:41 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
I appreciate the original post

The OPer was giving useful advice to people who are trying to convert a hobby into a something a little bit more. His advice is sound, and he picked a good forum to post it in. Marketing is difficult, and so is writing ad copy.

Many people are not interested in his advice - fine. But it does fall in the category of "RCers helping each other," and I applaud the effort.
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:52 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
7,433 Posts
For me, if I wan't to know more.. I ask, or do research first before asking

if the person is trying to sell or share something with the rest of us, it's there decision how they promote it

not every designer knows the word or explanation to the items they design either, just imagine back in the day anything was first designed , its use or pourpose still unknown, something's ended up being used for other uses all together, even today in this field things are renamed or explained with R/C in mind,

And then you have the experimenter who may not be educated at all, but may produce something that ends up on the most wanted item of all time list

I dont look to much at the punctuation or format of peoples writing with all that in mind
Heck I failed the same grade english twice and math was not my stongest point either

so when someone has a hard time explainig something or filling out details in advance for something they want to sell or share, I't doesn't hurt me to ask them for more info or an explanation via pm
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:44 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post

I wish more people used the 'Newscaster's credo'- Who,what,when ,where,why, and how.(much)
Answering those six questions will leave no doubt.
Maybe this is not taught in school anymore, or hasn't been for some time. I know I was taught the first four "W's". The why and how, at least to me, should come naturally.

Now with that said..... Don't anybody read ANY of my posts as I'm sure I leave out much of what I'm supposed to put in.

Ken
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:10 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday View Post
Please, take the time, many of us are interested in your designs. But I'm not willing to fork out even $30 for somebodies design when sentences have more miss-spellings then specs on the aircraft. I ask you please take the time to fill in details, I'm sure many of us are interested in those details and are a large part of our consideration for future purchases.
Well I understand what you're saying. And I agree in the general sense that anyone who wants to sell me something should provide enough information for me to tell if I'm likely to want to buy it.

My only problem is I can't remember ever seeing anything here like what you're describing. How about links to a few of what you consider the worst examples so we can see the real problem (or perhaps that you're just being really picky ).

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:05 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,756 Posts
When has advertising ever been about telling you all about the product ?

I would imaging there are many who can remember some great adverts on TV, but can't really remember what the actual product was.

Car adverts rarely tell you anything about the actual car, except in some very fine print at the bottom of the screen that mentions the model shown is not the one in the price quoted.

Perhaps it's all a subtle advertising ploy, don't tell anyone anything and they will want one.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray