HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:11 PM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Discussion
HobbyKing customer no-service

Ordered a Turnigy 9xr and FrSky module/receiver from HobbyKing last week and was billed $125. No email confirmation so I got concerned. Contacted them today and they said they had no record of the transaction, although a quick check of PayPal shows they (doing business as hexTronik) billed me for the $125. I tried unsuccessfully to engage with their on-site customer support and they won't give a phone number and emails bounce because their mailbox is full.

Please beware of dealing with HobbyKing. Their prices are like a siren's song, until you get burned.

Here's the screenshot of the last time "Ricky" the customer no-service rep decided to kill our chat session rather than acknowledge he wasn't going to do anything to help me.

BEWARE OF HOBBY KING!!!!!!
joepaisley is offline Find More Posts by joepaisley
Last edited by joepaisley; Jan 17, 2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: removing thumbnail
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,889 Posts
BS.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:33 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,283 Posts
Just go to paypal site and open a claim, you'll see how quick they jump.

Been there... done that.
alcarafa is offline Find More Posts by alcarafa
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:31 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,889 Posts
It's an automated payment system linked to Paypal (any HK customer would know this) so there is simply no pyhsical way a paypal payment could go through and not show as an order on the customers account. No physical way possible.

Seriously.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:19 PM
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
I agree Hobbyking will take your money, but try to get it back! Remember your money is in China. It's a risk and sooner or later you will be screwed!
sidewinderFSK is online now Find More Posts by sidewinderFSK
Old May 03, 2013, 02:56 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Wah, wah wah,
Don't buy from them then!
I will still order from them, and like it!
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old May 03, 2013, 09:48 PM
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
522 Posts
Had one payment not show up on their (HK) site and never got the confirming email.

Copied the paypal information into an email and hit send.

Got a reply within 4 hours confirming they had received my payment and sorry for the problem.

Decent response considering the distance & number of transactions they handle a day
Hugh P is online now Find More Posts by Hugh P
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:57 AM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jul 2013
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinderFSK View Post
I agree Hobbyking will take your money, but try to get it back! Remember your money is in China. It's a risk and sooner or later you will be screwed!
Now, that's not ENTIRELY fair, I don't think (but definitely not an entirely UNFAIR assessment).

China gets a bad rap, but there ARE reputable dealers in the country. For example, many hobby stores are based in Hong Kong, which, until 1997, was actually a territory of the United Kingdom. Granted, a lot has changed since the handover, but even today, visiting Hong Kong and mainland China--it's like night and day, massively different culture, people, atmosphere, etc.

They're not all screwy. Can't lump them ALL in with HobbyKing. Plus, it's not like the warnings weren't loud and clear. You deal with a massive company like HobbyKing, and they'll eventually squish you.
flightly is online now Find More Posts by flightly
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:55 AM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Anybody else notice the OP joined in Jan 2013, and has 1 post, also I have to ask how many orders has he made w/HK?
Same question to flightly, you joined this month, and have 8 posts, how many orders have you placed w/HK, how much experience do you have?
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.