HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:35 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
Help!
Crushed package delivered through EMS from Speedpost Singapore. Any Advice?

Hi,

I've been ordering for the past two years from HK, and never had any shipping issues on a few dozen orders.

Bad luck yesterday, my latest order arrived in a sorry shape at the local post office. I took pictures for insurance and claim purposes, as I had never received such a sorry looking package.

Can't remember where, but I think I read that if a package is damaged, don't accept it. So, I haven't picked it up yet. I filed a ticket number with HK Support.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with EMS (Singapore speed post)?
Was your package crushed? Did you refuse it, or risk it, opening up the box to verify the contents. If you refused the package, how much time did it take to send back then get a new package.

My order was the following (no ultra fragile foam parts, but maybe the motors if not in rigid packages, props, ESCs, mini lipos are fragile):

Description Quantity
TURNIGY 3A UBEC w/ Noise Reduction 1 IN STOCK
2mm Gold Connectors 10 pairs (20pc) 1 IN STOCK
D2822/17 Brushless Outrunner 1100kv 5 IN STOCK
Turnigy Multistar 15 Amp Multi-rotor Brushless ESC 2-3S 4 IN STOCK
XT60 to 4 X 3.5mm bullet Multistar ESC Power Breakout Cable 1 IN STOCK
Slow Fly Electric Prop 8045R (4 pc - Green, RH Rotation) 2 IN STOCK
Slow Fly Electric Prop 8045SF (4 pc) 2 IN STOCK
PolyMax 3.5mm Gold Connectors 10 PAIRS (20PC) 1 IN STOCK
Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 100) 2 IN STOCK
Turnigy nano-tech 130mah 1S 25~40C Lipo Pack (Kyosho, Eflite, Parkzone Etc) 2 IN STOCK
Strong Rare-Earth Button Magnets (10pcs/set) 1 IN STOCK
Twisted 15CM Servo Lead Extention (Futaba) 22AWG (5pcs/set) 1 IN STOCK
Receiver Switch 1 IN STOCK
2 Pin JST to 6 x E-Flight Ultra Micro plug Charging Harness 1 IN STOCK
Landing Skids Plastic (2pcs/bag) HK-550GT 1 IN STOCK

Shipment EMS Express to Canada (MAX 1kg)

Thanks in advance for your feedback. I'm waiting for news from support (24-48Hr delay supposedly) and debating whether I risk it and writeoff the loss by accepting it or go through a (lengthy?) return process.

Cheers,
Eric
funx is offline Find More Posts by funx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:15 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,717 Posts
Maybe it was the FRAGILE label that made them do it.

What items could be broken?
Props?
Landing Skid?

Is it worth the price of those items to wait for replacement parts? That's an awfully big box for those few items. I'd chance it on the basis of the box is mostly empty and hopefully filled with those air bags.
I'd assume that you can get credit for the broken items if there are any, just keep all the packing and take pictures as received.

I hope my new plane coming doesn't come in a box that looks like that.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:40 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,717 Posts
Additionally,
What's the chance of that box getting back to HongKong in one piece?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:24 AM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
lol and thanks

Thanks for the reply

Hehe. Yeah, you think that they would take a hint from the giant FRAGILE sticker, but I guess not.

I got a response back from support and they recommended that, if possible, I ask the post office to inspect the package before accepting or rejecting it. Hopefully, the post office will accept.

I'll post back about my latest dealings with this Singapore post shipping mishap.

Eric
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:02 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,717 Posts
From other posts, it appears the HK policy is not to take any action on replacement/refund until they inspect the package. It appears this can take weeks. Probably not going to be a fast turnaround so that is something else to consider.

You might ask the PO if you can take a look at the contents before rejecting it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
First attempt at PO today didn't go as hoped. The clerk refused to allow me to open the parcel (sigh).

It's looking for the moment like I might have to return it or risk it.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
Hi,

This seems to have worked out finally.I got to peek into the package through a small hole and it looked fine (really lucky!). So I accepted the package. What I tested up to now seems fine, though one motor sounds noisier than the others...

Cheers

Eric
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:16 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funx View Post
Hi,

This seems to have worked out finally.I got to peek into the package through a small hole and it looked fine (really lucky!). So I accepted the package. What I tested up to now seems fine, though one motor sounds noisier than the others...

Cheers

Eric
Probably normal for economy motors. I think you are much farther ahead even if that motor is ? than you would have been sending the box back.

Afterall, the noisy motors sound better when the plane is in the air....more realistic.