SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined May 2010
959 Posts
Discussion
Best method to make self contained pan and tilt?

I have one channel left on the radio, the Hornet and fy31ap eat up three. I would like a stand alone unit, completely self contained to stabilize a camera. The guardian wont do it without input from a radio.
Just something that I can supply 5 volts to, and keep the camera stabilized.
Anyone else have a solution handy?
Deadstick 8409 is offline Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:24 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,064 Posts
Here is one solution for pan and tilt. You install the servo titled to the back. When you pan it looks down. One channel solution!
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:37 PM
Joined May 2010
959 Posts
That's interesting. Your own home brew?
I would like to find a way stabilize in pitch only (automatically) and then just pan on the channel. This would take some of the jostling out? Or am I over thinking things?

Fullbird, do you have video from that setup?
Deadstick 8409 is offline Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:53 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,064 Posts
Filmed a few days ago through the lens with a new DVR. Aircraft is made out of EPP, Storm Chaser from Crash Test Hobby. great for the winds I encounter.

Storm Chaser - DVR first test flight (3 min 59 sec)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:01 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,064 Posts
Here's a post where a guy is using something called "sticky hands" to solve the jello. It's a physical solution.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=58
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:01 PM
Joined May 2012
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409 View Post
I have one channel left on the radio, the Hornet and fy31ap eat up three. I would like a stand alone unit, completely self contained to stabilize a camera. The guardian wont do it without input from a radio.
Just something that I can supply 5 volts to, and keep the camera stabilized.
Anyone else have a solution handy?
I believe you can hook a FY-30A up to a camera mount for stabilisation, or at least I've seen it done. There are other camera stabilisation systems out there, however I cannot think of the name of one off the top of my head.

edit: if you're flying with the camera - you really dont want stabilisation on it. If you don't have a good reference on the aircraft in view - if the plane starts to dive or climb the stabilisation might mask this.
Ascended is online now Find More Posts by Ascended