HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:32 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Discussion
Blade 120 SR Cannot Hold Altitude W/Phoenix

New user with new Phoenix install fully updated.

Devo 7 set on a different Model just for Phoenix. Windows7 Pro 64 Bit.

I fly other models that seem to do as fine as I am capable of but the one model I have in route to the house seems not to want to hold any kind of steady altitude when trying to hover.

I have to fight to keep it with the tree line in the horizon as it easily wants to rise.
But when I do get it steady at any level and use the Aileron or Elev it wants to drop way more than I have see other models do if any.

If I try to keep it around the 6 foot mark its really tough and it wants to bounce off the turf.

I downloaded and installed it again with no change. I can do much better with the Blade SR and others.

Thanks
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:38 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,352 Posts
Blade SR is a collective pitch heli, the SR120 is a fixed pitch. They are going to fly different. In my experience with real ones a fixed pitch requires more throttle after leaving hover to maintain altitude which is exactly what you described.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:49 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Thanks, its does it with aileron too and none of the other helis act as bad. But I get you.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:42 PM
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
I have a 120 SR, and got Phoenix for practice. At first I was very disappointed because the 120 SR in the sim was nothing like the real thing.

I've since learning that if you go into edit the model and under simple mode, choose 100% (Advanced) under Setup you will find it much more like the real thing (I was very pleased!).

I also then go into the detailed edit screen and turn all expo off since I run the expo from my transmitter.

I found more often than not that the models are much realistic at 100%, I'm not sure why they chose to set them up so unrealistic by default.
bbrackeen is offline Find More Posts by bbrackeen
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:46 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrackeen View Post
I found more often than not that the models are much realistic at 100%, I'm not sure why they chose to set them up so unrealistic by default.
Defeats the whole purpose of a sim, doesn't it?
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:41 AM
United States, NJ, Pedricktown
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Blade SR and Phoenix sim

In reading some of the above discussions I noticed that "gapi" said there was success flying the Blade SR heli on the Phoenix sim but there was problems with the 120. I'm having problems with the Blade SR, not having any throttle control, it's either full throttle or nothing. There is no mid-range throttle at all. Does anyone know what I need to do in order to make this work? I have a Blade SR and would love to practice on the sim before trying to fly the actual model. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jack
Jack1950 is offline Find More Posts by Jack1950
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:55 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1950 View Post
I'm having problems with the Blade SR, not having any throttle control, it's either full throttle or nothing. There is no mid-range throttle at all.
Maybe it's a pulse jet!
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn