SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:43 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2010
101 Posts
Discussion
Dynamite Passport Ultra Hidden Menu

Hi,
I have a charger with 1 cell's voltmeter off by 20mv and while looking for a solution I thought it might have a calibration menu like the icharger. I held down the mode and start buttons while powering up the charger and it came up with "input pass word" and 4 0's which you can change with the wheel. Now they've got me interested in what is in that menu I guess this is all pretty useless unless someone finds the password (its not 0000)
fried onion is offline Find More Posts by fried onion
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:41 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,521 Posts
brute force it only 4 digits shouldnt take to long
Elios000 is online now Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:21 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2010
101 Posts
true ill post back in a bit after I find it
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:27 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2010
101 Posts
I have had way too long of a holiday... just remembered that there are 9^4 possibilities so unless some people want to divy up the numbers I can't do that many passcodes
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:18 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,378 Posts
First are you sure that the volt meter you are using to determine it is off by 20mv is calibrated then your charger?
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:05 PM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Oct 2009
227 Posts
passport charger

I recently bought the passport ultrasport charger and while balance charging my 3 cell lipos,it beeps that battery is full(4.2v) per cell but before I can even unplug the battery the voltages drop to 4.18-4.17.Its not good for a brand new charger and I would love to be able to re calibrate it.Check yoursout.After charger beeps,dont stop the charge just turn the dial to the voltage screen and you can see the volts dropping.I'm going to have to send it in to Horizon Hobby for warrenty repair, if I;m not able to fix the problem.If after I disconnect the battery and through it onto my el cheapo eflite 3115 plastic pos charger,it finishes charging to 4.2 Well, the code is not 1234.
turko is offline Find More Posts by turko
Last edited by turko; Jan 16, 2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:53 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2010
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
First are you sure that the volt meter you are using to determine it is off by 20mv is calibrated then your charger?
The voltmeter itself is probably not very accurate, however over 5 different lipo packs and multiple charges, it has consistently showed a 0.02v higher reading on the voltmeter. The charger also constantly needs to balance out the other 2 cells, with the 2nd cell being low across all of my batteries (making balance charging so very slow ). My dad brought some highly accurate power supplies home when his work was throwing them out, I'll have a look at them and see if they are accurate enough to test my charger.

Am I over reacting to this, I just got some new batteries and want to treat them properly.

the code is also not 1111, 1000, 1100, 1110 only 6556 possibilities left (we'll do this in no time)

Do you think its worth a try asking Horizon?
Last edited by fried onion; Jan 16, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:10 AM
United States, CA, Gardena
Joined Mar 2011
58 Posts
Another question for Horizon

I also have this charger and have noted the same characteristics. I picked it up used for a good price and it gets the job done, so I am OK with it. One important thing to know about it is that the lipo discharge setting takes your cells down to 3.0v per cell and this setting is not user adjustable. It would be great if the password gave you access to this setting.
Bruin12 is offline Find More Posts by Bruin12
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:49 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2010
101 Posts
I think the only way we will ever discover what functions are hidden is through numbers

we need to either get enough people to make brute forcing viable (if we got a bit more than 200 people to do 30 combos we would find it) but that probably won't happen so what we need to do is get enough people to petition horizon for it.

Or some super smart guy can reverse engineer the software on the mcu
Old Mar 16, 2013, 04:06 PM
Today is a good day to fly.
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Nov 2011
23 Posts
Heads up. Ya gotta count the "0", it's 10^4, 10000 possibilities.
In other words, 0000 -> 9999
Just sayin.
networker is offline Find More Posts by networker