Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:37 AM
Seafax ROV
United Kingdom, Barrow-in-Furness
Joined Feb 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassfox View Post
just use epocy or silicon glue to seal the ribbon cable part
and it's water proof , but do not use it underwater, or you have to take more measures like sealing etc.
Thanks Fu but I was thinking about something properly waterproof. The camera in question will be on top of the mast of a seagoing FPV rc boat which I fully expect to be totally swamped on occasion. The recording part of the camera will be housed inside the mast which will be waterproofed anyway.

Any further waterproofing suggestions, anyone?

Col.
WalneyCol is offline Find More Posts by WalneyCol
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:36 PM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,476 Posts
Wayne

If you can access the pcbs hit them with clear Krylon.

Neal
Nobert is offline Find More Posts by Nobert
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:09 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2005
394 Posts
Okay guys, I can't figure out how to get my video out to work.

I can hook the video out cable that's included with the V3 into my 10mw fatshark VTX and get video out, no problem. I only have to move the ground wire over one spot on the connector (at the VTX) and everything's great. The video looks good on my LCD, and on my Headplays.

Now, when I hook it up to my lawmate 500mw VTX, I get a flashing, fuzzy video that is unusable. On an lcd screen, the video flashes on and off about once every couple of seconds, and when you do see something for that split second, it's very faint and fuzzy. When I try to view it through my Headplays, they say that there's no input source detected.

I've hooked up the video out to the yellow on the VTX, and I've hooked up the ground (from the V3) to the ground at the VTX. I cannot get it to work.

I thought that maybe my VTX was no good, so I hooked my CCD back up to the VTX like I had it before purchasing the V3. It has perfect video.

What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to use the mini usb output on the V3 for video out instead?

The recording works just fine on the V3, it's just the video out when hooked up to my lawmate VTX that's a problem.

Please help!

capn
capn is online now Find More Posts by capn
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:11 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn View Post
Okay guys, I can't figure out how to get my video out to work.

I can hook the video out cable that's included with the V3 into my 10mw fatshark VTX and get video out, no problem. I only have to move the ground wire over one spot on the connector (at the VTX) and everything's great. The video looks good on my LCD, and on my Headplays.

Now, when I hook it up to my lawmate 500mw VTX, I get a flashing, fuzzy video that is unusable. On an lcd screen, the video flashes on and off about once every couple of seconds, and when you do see something for that split second, it's very faint and fuzzy. When I try to view it through my Headplays, they say that there's no input source detected.

I've hooked up the video out to the yellow on the VTX, and I've hooked up the ground (from the V3) to the ground at the VTX. I cannot get it to work.

I thought that maybe my VTX was no good, so I hooked my CCD back up to the VTX like I had it before purchasing the V3. It has perfect video.

What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to use the mini usb output on the V3 for video out instead?

The recording works just fine on the V3, it's just the video out when hooked up to my lawmate VTX that's a problem.

Please help!

capn
dear Capn
please try another VTX and see if the problem remain.
no one else reports video out problem so far
and I suppose many of the users use Lawmate tx
thanks
Fu
glassfox is offline Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:53 PM
Joined Sep 2005
394 Posts
Quote:
dear Capn
please try another VTX and see if the problem remain.
no one else reports video out problem so far
and I suppose many of the users use Lawmate tx
thanks
Fu
Hi Fu,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried a 1W Lawmate VTX and the camera's video out worked perfectly.

What would cause the .5W Lawmate VTX to not work with the V3 cam? It works fine with my CCD cam. Does anyone else use a 2.4gHz, 500mW Lawmate VTX with their HoryzonHD V3?

capn
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:55 PM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
USA, IN, Bloomington
Joined Aug 2007
841 Posts
I placed an order on Feb 5th (China time) with EMS shipping. Will this get out of the country before the New Year celebrations shut everything down?

edit- I see that it shipped- thanks for the fast shipping! Now I just hope it gets out of the country before party time!
BloomingtonFPV is offline Find More Posts by BloomingtonFPV
Last edited by BloomingtonFPV; Feb 04, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:55 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
this is the pan/tilt prototype that we designed for V3
will upgrade the material though.
Hi glassfox, any update on the Pan/Tilt for HHD v3?
lolsof is offline Find More Posts by lolsof
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:38 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,921 Posts
Can't wait to get mine installed on a plane! I'm thinking the Super Skysurfer might be a good fit ......... video to come as soon as it's installed on something
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined May 2010
1,048 Posts
Wish I bought one of these instead of burning the $$ trying to make my own out of the F8000, which has been converted to junk!
Deadstick 8409 is online now Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:47 PM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2012
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn View Post
Hi Fu,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried a 1W Lawmate VTX and the camera's video out worked perfectly.

What would cause the .5W Lawmate VTX to not work with the V3 cam? It works fine with my CCD cam. Does anyone else use a 2.4gHz, 500mW Lawmate VTX with their HoryzonHD V3?

capn
Are you powering the 500mw lawmate with 5v? I believe the 1W lawmate is 12v.
Hmerly is online now Find More Posts by Hmerly
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:21 PM
Joined Sep 2005
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmerly View Post
Are you powering the 500mw lawmate with 5v? I believe the 1W lawmate is 12v.
Yep, I powered the 500mw with 5 volts. I used a dimension engineering 5v power supply and also tried the power supply that came with the hdv3 camera.

When trying the 1W LM, I used 12V to power that (just hooked up a 3S lipo).

Again, the 1W produced a perfect picture, the .5W (500mw) didn't. BUT, the 500mw would produce a perfect picture when removing the HDV3 from it and just hooking up my 700tvl CCD cam.

capn
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:08 PM
Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
Joined Mar 2003
144 Posts
I'm trying to connect my V3 to the video in on my RVOSD. I've connected the voltage regulator to the RVOSD and plan on connecting my V3 to it. Other than the yellow video, do I also need to connect red and black to the regulator?
chillybee is offline Find More Posts by chillybee
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:32 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,734 Posts
dear Chillybee,
you can connnect the red and black wire from the osd to the V3 V-reg
if the RVOSD outputs enough voltage higher than 6V
glassfox is offline Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:04 AM
Australia, QLD, Murrumba Downs
Joined Jul 2011
39 Posts
Excellent review RCmodelreview go to the top of the class
fredor is offline Find More Posts by fredor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:36 AM
Keith
Australia, New South Wales, Newcastle
Joined Apr 2011
337 Posts
I am trying to get the 3 way switch to trigger the HorizonHD but no effect on the camera itself. The lights on the switch are changing as I move the switch but with the camera switched on it is doing nothing.
I have it configured the same as here:
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/horyzonhd-...-v3-p-877.html
but the picture does not show if the plug goes in the bottom, middle or top plug, I have tried all three and get nothing. Anyone figured this one out yet?
basadia is offline Find More Posts by basadia