HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2013, 12:19 AM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2013
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko63 View Post
The first pic is the melted hole and the rest are just the whole setup.
It sure looks like the VREG burnt out. It's just a 5V SBEC. The camera only draws about 500mA. I'd just get a simple 5V BEC and use that instead.
Noircogi is offline Find More Posts by Noircogi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2013, 09:29 AM
Joined Apr 2012
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
It sure looks like the VREG burnt out. It's just a 5V SBEC. The camera only draws about 500mA. I'd just get a simple 5V BEC and use that instead.
you can also power it from a single cell lipo i had a v1 power reg do the same to me popping a chip my cam still worked though via the usb
wayneuk is offline Find More Posts by wayneuk
Old Jun 02, 2013, 10:13 AM
United States, Mt, Great Falls
Joined May 2011
324 Posts
thank you for your help wayneuk it worked!
jminardi is offline Find More Posts by jminardi
Old Jun 02, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Thanks you guys...

Some fast answers.... Yes according to multimeter the vreg doa. I have a little turnigy 5v 3a low rf noise ubec I'd like to try. It works well for receiver's n servos. Any reason it shouldn't work?
And update on the camera. Although I thought it doa also appears just some kind coincidence. Still nothing when I plug into usb but this morning I discovered that if I start the re-flashing procedure and hold down the video button while plugging in it is then seen by computer. Coolio... I will try new firmware. Maybe vreg and camera not work just seem like one caused other but maybe not. Hope so. Will test and report back.
Thanks everyone for the help. Marko
marko63 is offline Find More Posts by marko63
Old Jun 02, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Camera working OK

Still need to update firmware or driver or something I think as the camera still won't actually connect to pc but as long as I tell camera not to connect to pc when I plug in usb then it works just fine. Just can't see as mass storage device in win 7. Maybe I just have to straighten out this driver/firmware thingy I guess/hope?
Anyone tell me if that's one of the problems with the latest batch camera's? When I try to connect to PC it's like an unknown usb device. I run win7 ultimate 64. Am I missing a driver somewhere... lol... I dunno Kind of pain for expensive camera. But me not too smart some times either. Thanks for the help everybody Marko
marko63 is offline Find More Posts by marko63
Old Jun 02, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Apr 2012
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminardi View Post
thank you for your help wayneuk it worked!
no problem glad you got it sorted out
wayneuk is offline Find More Posts by wayneuk
Old Jun 04, 2013, 05:15 PM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
710 Posts
stock

Hi FU

when will you be getting some more horyzon V3's in stock?

ray
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
Old Jun 04, 2013, 06:35 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Mar 2011
1,396 Posts
And the mini gimbal for the V3????
Cyberdactyl is offline Find More Posts by Cyberdactyl
Old Jun 04, 2013, 06:43 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
729 Posts
how are people finding the avout of this camera compared to a normal ccd camera ? ive done the resistor fix for fatshark goggles but im still not sure about the avout and ive never tried a normal ccd camera yet ? big diference ?
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Jun 04, 2013, 10:21 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
how are people finding the avout of this camera compared to a normal ccd camera ? ive done the resistor fix for fatshark goggles but im still not sure about the avout and ive never tried a normal ccd camera yet ? big diference ?
I lost the plane with my HHDV3 (someone actually drove off with it... I could see it moving on my OSD/GPS). My replacement plane is using a CCD security camera and a GoPro instead.

The video quality of the AVout was better in my opinion on the HHDV3, but the significant latency made it not very useful for low and fast flight.

The video quality of the Hero3 is clearly and significantly better for recording 1080P, but it's also a lot more expensive.

I'm using the CMQ1993X-L36 CCD camera now and will probably try some others in hopes of getting better auto brightness/white balance.
Old Jun 04, 2013, 11:14 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Joined Mar 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
The video quality of the Hero3 is clearly and significantly better for recording 1080P, but it's also a lot more expensive.
Split screen video of one camera's highest capability, next to a cam set its lowest FPS setting or using the generic term 'GoPro'. All these can be very confusing to someone buying their first sport cam.

There are SO many misleading and confusing aspects to RC video and FPV.

First, most people exposed to FPV, that don't know FPV, and are told the video they are watching is "FPV" ...think... THAT'S the visual experience with the goggles.

The second bit of confusion about the sport cam in comparison to the GoPro lineup is they are three distinct cams as to capability. I rate the HHDV3 very close to the White Addition, the capabilities and visual quality are neck to neck. However, the Silver pops ahead, and the Black Addition simply blows the V3 away. The person looking to purchase 'something' has to be uniquely aware of this or they may be getting something they will be totally unhappy owning.

The HHDV3 has its strong design considerations, split apart for CG consideration. Easy of connections, nice UI, saves weight with no battery, CMOS with a small frontal profile. All these the White addition does not have.
Old Jun 04, 2013, 11:47 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,012 Posts
I'm using a Hero3 black now. I love the form-factor of the HHDV3 but also had big trouble getting jello-free video from it.

It's really not fair to compare a $450 solution (security cam plus H3 black) to the HHDV3 though.
Old Jun 04, 2013, 11:55 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Joined Mar 2011
1,396 Posts
No kidding. I just posted THIS yesterday.
Old Jun 05, 2013, 04:00 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl View Post
No kidding. I just posted THIS yesterday.
hi
in your opinion where do you think the jello is coming from, the lens module or the pcb? because it looks like your latest effort is aimed at the pcb not the lens
ray
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
Old Jun 05, 2013, 07:17 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Joined Mar 2011
1,396 Posts
The processor and CMOS are both mounted to the wood box and 'floating' on foam, and the halteres seem to nullify the last bit of jello.