HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:53 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather View Post
Just came accross this new product. Mght be really good for water proofing electronics. Also could be good for shorter take offs if applied to the bottom of the hull.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=IfUaK...%3DIfUaKXasdD4
Wow ive got to get my work to order this for some reason cause would it be great for planes Seriously though that stuff is amazing
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:06 AM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
Wow ive got to get my work to order this for some reason cause would it be great for planes Seriously though that stuff is amazing
I wa thinking the same thing...there must be some reason work must absolutely need this hydrophobic stuff...so I can play with it.
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:06 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
I just found a package on the porch from FancyFoam. Inside was an Icon A5 and a P - 51 kit. Now the big quandary - which one to build first.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:47 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,886 Posts
Call a friend for the team build!
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:35 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,171 Posts
Well Lee I built this little plane and it's not according to spec. It's built to train little boys that were sent to the flight simulator to accumulate 20 hours on chanel planes. Two out of four of them.

I'm not sure this thing will fly I can tell you it will fly off the grass. And if it doesn't fly it's all because of what I did to it that was beyond the build instructions.

This thing is built so weird that the battery had to be installed by cutting out the fuselage just behind the nose and squishing it in their to get on CG.

My paint job is so ugly, blue body Red Wings on top right on the bottom and white on the bottom of the float. I think it's gonna be important for us to know which way is up on it. It has ailerons. Everything electronic has been drowned in corrosion X.

So here we go Lee. I got an 808 #16 D lens hat cam not record all this drama.
I just hope I made it in such a way it will fly.

I may build a half a dozen of these things before it's over with. Thanks again Sir,

DJ
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:46 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
Well Lee I built this little plane and it's not according to spec. It's built to train little boys that were sent to the flight simulator to accumulate 20 hours on chanel planes. Two out of four of them.

I'm not sure this thing will fly I can tell you it will fly off the grass. And if it doesn't fly it's all because of what I did to it that was beyond the build instructions.

This thing is built so weird that the battery had to be installed by cutting out the fuselage just behind the nose and squishing it in their to get on CG.

My paint job is so ugly, blue body Red Wings on top right on the bottom and white on the bottom of the float. I think it's gonna be important for us to know which way is up on it. It has ailerons. Everything electronic has been drowned in corrosion X.

So here we go Lee. I got an 808 #16 D lens hat cam not record all this drama.
I just hope I made it in such a way it will fly.

I may build a half a dozen of these things before it's over with. Thanks again Sir,

DJ
Sorry, but your posting is confusing to me. Are you praising the kit or complaining about it?
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:20 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
Sorry, but your posting is confusing to me. Are you praising the kit or complaining about it?

The plane as it comes, and with it recommended completion parts is perfect!

I can see why would be confusing, it relates another post that I didn't mention asking Lee if he thought this plane could still work with no dihedral, ailerons, and laminated as a combat plane. He told me all of those things should work. I realize the plane will no longer be the feather in the sky that it is. It will have to fly faster may not fly at all but if that's the case it's only because I've gone too far.

In my first post I explained to Lee why didn't want to train them on three channels sounds of have them on the simulator on four channel planes only.

Yes it was confusing,

DJ
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:30 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post

The plane as it comes, and with it recommended completion parts is perfect!

I can see why would be confusing, it relates another post that I didn't mention asking Lee if he thought this plane could still work with no dihedral, ailerons, and laminated as a combat plane. He told me all of those things should work. I realize the plane will no longer be the feather in the sky that it is. It will have to fly faster may not fly at all but if that's the case it's only because I've gone too far.

In my first post I explained to Lee why didn't want to train them on three channels sounds of have them on the simulator on four channel planes only.

Yes it was confusing,

DJ
Thanks for the clarification.
Last edited by Rickochet; Mar 07, 2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 02:56 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
641 Posts
Finally maidened mine,sorry no vid,flew excellent, kind of like the original ez-fly,except I use 2s on that.Turns on a dime with ez at your feet landings.Thanks guys.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:31 AM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice076 View Post
Finally maidened mine,sorry no vid,flew excellent, kind of like the original ez-fly,except I use 2s on that.Turns on a dime with ez at your feet landings.Thanks guys.
Sweeet; congratulations! Any pics or vids coming?
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:53 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I just found a package on the porch from FancyFoam. Inside was an Icon A5 and a P - 51 kit. Now the big quandary - which one to build first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Call a friend for the team build!
Mike
P-51 almost finished with Capt. Rockett J. Squirrel at the controls. I hope to get started on the Icon today. P-51 fitted with an Emax CF2805 1700kv with GWS 7035 three blader. Plan to use the same combo on the Icon. Film at 11:00...
Old Mar 27, 2013, 09:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather View Post
Sweeet; congratulations! Any pics or vids coming?
This is the only pic I have now.The weather is starting to break,so hopefully many pleasant flights to come.I have not flown off water,just at home.I did add a 25 cent piece to the right wingtip,to balance for the battery.Seems about right.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 06:16 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice076 View Post
This is the only pic I have now.The weather is starting to break,so hopefully many pleasant flights to come.I have not flown off water,just at home.I did add a 25 cent piece to the right wingtip,to balance for the battery.Seems about right.
Very nice. What motor and prop are you using?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 06:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
641 Posts
I have the 1700 kv blue wonder with 6x3 2-blade on it.Motorcalc says about 320g thrust.With the 70g lipo Im at 292g.I had a few 1700's so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
It's starting to warm up,can't wait to get more flight time in.
Old Apr 01, 2013, 12:06 AM
Professional Pixel Flyer....
United States, VT, Weathersfield
Joined Dec 2005
363 Posts
Finally got my Icon Ez-Fly build underway, I just have one quick question.

How worried should I be with waterproofing the electronics on this bird?

All I have on hand is some fiber tape, and a few rolls of blenderm really.
RightcoastRC is offline Find More Posts by RightcoastRC
Last edited by RightcoastRC; Apr 01, 2013 at 12:11 AM.