HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:45 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
error code on my battery and charger! please help

I just baught a brand new Venom 11.1v 5000mah 20c 3s lipo, and a venom 2/3 cell balance charger. I also already had a Tenergy lipo charger. On both chargers i got an error code. Also on my Traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl, as soon as I drove maby 20 feet the low-volatage detection kicked in and cut all the power to the engine... Thanks for the help!

Owen
owen.j.99 is offline Find More Posts by owen.j.99
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:55 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
do you have a cell checker? or even a multimeter? what's the voltage of the battery (and the individual cells if you have a cell checker) what was the error code?
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:41 AM
chopper chopper chopper!!!
United States, CA, Shasta Lake
Joined Sep 2012
152 Posts
you might have took the power to low even if you set the cut off on the ESC you need a cell checker see how much you have left in the cells...it happend to me once i thought i set my ESC to the right cut off but i didnt i ran it down took it to my hobby shop and yes i came dam close to killing the lipo so i say take it to your local hobby shop they might be able to help.
Lozki is offline Find More Posts by Lozki
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Helis
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Ok, unfortunatly the nearist hobby shop is about an hour and a half away I don't have an cell checker. I contacted the lipo company and they have a new one on the way. Also how do I change the ESC's cut off. It's a VXL-3s ESC with a velinon 3500 brushless motor.

Thanks again,
Owen
owen.j.99 is offline Find More Posts by owen.j.99
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:12 PM
chopper chopper chopper!!!
United States, CA, Shasta Lake
Joined Sep 2012
152 Posts
did you get a program card at all with your motor some motor esc come with a program card. My Tazer 4000kv has a mode button on the esc turn it on while holding the mode button then you enter program mode and go from their.
Lozki is offline Find More Posts by Lozki
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Helis
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:38 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,785 Posts
The manual for the ESC will give very clear directions on how to chance the LVC. If you don't have the paper manual, you can see the PDF version on the traxxas website.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:11 AM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
410 Posts
I had a tenergy charger, after two charges it went back to the shop and got a replacement, that, then went back and got a refund. Kept coming up break down error after it charged 6cell nimhs to 9.5V and the other was over 10V
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:29 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxx de maxx View Post
I had a tenergy charger, after two charges it went back to the shop and got a replacement, that, then went back and got a refund. Kept coming up break down error after it charged 6cell nimhs to 9.5V and the other was over 10V
Those voltages are not uncommon for fast charging NiMh. Although a very high voltage could indicate bad connectors or high internal resistance on the battery, meaning lower quality cells or damaged cells.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jan 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:28 PM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
410 Posts
it was ok on the team orion charger but one more go on the tenergy and that was the end of that pack at max i charged was 0.8C.
Then helloooo nano techs with the refund money.
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:06 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2012
237 Posts
I had a HiTec X1 for a short little while and returned it because it kept giving me a "Battery Vol Err Cell Connect" message and would stop chargeing mid charge. I'll never buy HiTec again. The Duratrax Onyx 245 has been a good work horse though.
08charger3.5 is offline Find More Posts by 08charger3.5