HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Conehead, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:10 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Discussion
Sea Monkey flies

After 3 trips to different airports where I fly, two trips to Thompsonville, one to Empire, I got a chance to fly my new Sea Monkey today. My bride had to take the oldest dog to the vet and get her rabies shot, probably her last one ever and when she returned, there was no wind. We loaded dogs and my airplane and transmitter case and off we went.

We got to Thompsonville Airport and I flew it off the tarmack. It was covered with some ice and snow and only one small area was clear. That is where I parked and where my bride stood to take these shots. I didn't know how it would fly, I hit the throttle, up it went, about 4-6 feet on the ground, up it flew. I flew it around, needed some right rudder, about 1 or 2 clicks of up trim and it was fine.

What you see in the background is Crystal Mountain, they were making snow, since we have had such a mild winter and their snow was melting last week.

It was about 22-24 degrees, hardly any wind and bright a heck. Sun was out, it was cold.
Again, Thanks for looking.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; Jan 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added thoughts about a couple of photos.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:42 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,936 Posts
Beauty...
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:57 AM
United States, IN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2003
75 Posts
Awesome job Orrin!
The pictures are very well done!

Can I use some on our web site?

I like the pic where you are looking away from the plane, and it looks like it about to hit you...

Joe
Joe Petro is offline Find More Posts by Joe Petro
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:59 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Go ahead Joe. My wife shot them. Susan, photo credits would be appreciated.

I did fly close to myself. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't too far away. I see way too many people flying way too far away. My bride shot them with a Nikon, a zoom lens and she used Gimp to clean them up some and crop them.

Use as many as you want. I really like the checker boards, I was not sure how they would turn out. They came out great.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014