SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:02 PM
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Discussion
Propeller covers holes on the motor

I am newbie to RC hobby. So please bear with me if this is stupid.

I broke my stock propeller on Yak-12. The new propeller I bought sits snuggly against the body of the motor (which rotates along with the shaft) covering the holes ment for I believe cooling.

Is this OK? Or the motor will overheat due to lack of airflow inside the motor where the coils are?
rcdogmatix is offline Find More Posts by rcdogmatix
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,380 Posts
I had a look at some Yak 12 models in the forums, they either have a 'prop-saver adapter', (the prop is retained with a rubber ring/rubber band), or the fairly standard 'prop adapter' that retains the prop with a nut or small spinner shaped nut.

Both should be able to be positioned further out on the motor shaft to allow air into the motor. The Yak 12 has a radial type cowl with a relatively small center hole for cooling.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:38 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,380 Posts
If you click on the Search near the top of the page, type, Yak 12, and set it to Show Threads, it should come back with a list of 3 electric powered threads, (plus 1 fuel powered thread).

They may be of help.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray