HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by peter.braswell, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:10 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Apr 2008
154 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Sold
Ruby Autopilot and accessories

I have for sale my Ruby Autopilot. After bouncing back and forth and trying both, I've determined that the ArduPilot is better suited for what I want to do with an autopilot system.

Included here is a full Ruby autopilot system with several accessories, including:
- The Ruby autopilot
- The Ruby expander board
- An SD card for capturing data
- A *40amp HobbyWing Controller
- A **Castle Creations 10 BEC
- An "orange" Spektrum satellite receiver
- GPS
- Airspeed and magnometer

* I'm including the 40amp controller simply because I think it's more complete if I leave everything in tact as I removed it from my airplane. The controller is soldered to the Ruby power board.

** I'm including the CC 10 amp BEC because a lot of the more inexpensive controllers/BEC's can't supply the steady current to the radio / autopilot that they require. This small BEC insures that you get the current / voltage right. It will also save the day if your controller craps the bed as you'll still get power to the electronics.

CAVEAT and CAUTIONS!!! (PLEASE READ) -
You will have to contact and work with the owner of Uthere.com to get the right configuration for YOUR airplane. His name is Jim Hall and he's a super nice fellow. I exchanged email with him yesterday and he assures me that he will work with whoever ends up purchasing this from me at NO COST! Please see his website for the aircraft that he currently has configurations for. This unit came out of a Storm Chaser from crashtesthobbies.com. There was no existing configuration for it and Jim worked extensively with me to get it flying. In the end I ended up getting a Penguin and putting an APM 2.5 in it, hence the reason this unit is for sale. I have another Ruby in my ZII and it works great!

I'm happy to answer any questions, but please consider surfing over to uthere.com first as the chances are good you'll find what you're looking for.

All this would run $400 new. Asking $295. PayPal ok, add 3% to cover fees. Shipping to CONUS is included in this price.
peter.braswell is offline Find More Posts by peter.braswell
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2013, 07:01 PM
Joined Nov 2009
44 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Ruby

Good evening Peter,
Was this Ruby still available? Was this one of the newer models, or do you know if it can be upgraded to the newest version? Love the concept!
Thanks
Dan
Steelart99 is offline Find More Posts by Steelart99
Old May 13, 2013, 02:36 PM
Joined Nov 2009
44 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Never mind ... I didn't see the "SOLD" on this before
Steelart99 is offline Find More Posts by Steelart99