HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:37 AM
Circles in Lift
Redmond, Washington, USA
Joined Oct 2004
425 Posts
Discussion
Obama on the Debt Ceiling - Will someone please explain this?

In 2006, raising the debt ceiling was a sign of leadership failure. In 2013, to entertain not raising it is absurd.

I must be missing something here...

bwanajim is offline Find More Posts by bwanajim
Last edited by bwanajim; Jan 15, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:39 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
To entertain the idea of not raising the debt ceiling is the most responsible act there is.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:05 PM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,232 Posts
that old saying about politicians applies here...

'Listen to what they say...but,watch what they do'
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:09 PM
The solution for phone privacy
United States, OK
Joined Aug 2003
1,531 Posts
So when did Odumba lie, 2006 or 2013?

The lie occured in 2013... he will never admit he is a big a loser as the last dofus.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:10 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Intellectual Dishonesty ... coupled with the fact that they know they wont be challenged by the media and the voters just simply don't care.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:13 PM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
As I said before, doubtful you will hear from many Obama guys on here about this. You cant defend the indefensible......
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:16 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
As I said before, doubtful you will hear from many Obama guys on here about this. You cant defend the indefensible......
Oh .. of course it's defensible ... see, back in 2006 it was Bush's fault ...
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:51 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,768 Posts
I honestly believe that there are people who cannot fathom let alone understand the size and the burden of the US debt.

That is the only way I can understand why they have absolutely no inclination to take the drastic steps needed to keep it under control.

Then again there was a post here several months ago by an economist that pointed out that we've reached the tipping point. Our current tax intake ONLY pays for the entitlement and benefit outlays. Yet no one is taking any steps to eliminate fraud and waste in these programs.

It is just insane
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:59 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
187 Posts
Is there a contradiction between recognizing the necessity of something while bemoaning the reasons of that thing's necessity?
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:02 PM
Don't report me bro!
Joined May 2010
387 Posts
LOL we all know the answer to the OPs question. This IS obama we're talking about here folks.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:03 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
Is there a contradiction between recognizing the necessity of something while bemoaning the reasons of that thing's necessity?
So your position is we need to continue to write checks we can't support because we've been writing checks we can't support. Thanks for your input.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:08 PM
Joined Aug 2003
2,560 Posts
Quote:
There you go, there's a problem and they wont attack it. They need to return to reality, but they dont have a clue what that is.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:12 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
So your position is we need to continue to write checks we can't support because we've been writing checks we can't support. Thanks for your input.
That's not my position, and I doubt that is the president's. Do you have an answer to my question? Is there necessarily a contradiction between recognizing the necessity of something while bemoaning the reasons of that thing's necessity? A practical illustration might be to consider whether or not there exists a contradiction between, on one hand, recognizing the necessity of taking an automobile accident to the hospital, and on the other, bemoaning the intoxication that led to the accident in the first place.
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:16 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,831 Posts
Quote:
That's not my position, and I doubt that is the president's. Do you have an answer to my question? Is there necessarily a contradiction between recognizing the necessity of something while bemoaning the reasons of that thing's necessity? A practical illustration might be to consider whether or not there exists a contradiction between, on one hand, recognizing the necessity of taking an automobile accident to the hospital, and on the other, bemoaning the intoxication that led to the accident in the first place.
Well you're not wrong in general. But in this particular case Obama wants to spend more money to correct the governments spending problem. Spin it any way you like, but there is no level in which that makes sense.

The truth is, the government knows when the over spending stops, there's going to be a lot of pain. And nobody in government wants to be the ones in power when it all comes crashing down. The music has stopped, and they are scrambling to get it turned back on. They certainly don't want to be seated when the free cheese stops.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:46 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,200 Posts
Mr. Obama's math:

Take in 2.4 trillion, spend 4 trillion and then cut the projection 10 trillion dollars in additional debt over the next 10 years by 4 billion dollars out of the overestimated budgets and that is how you balance the budget.

I am sure that are actually idiots in both parties that might believe this really works.
But I doubt if even "special ed" students would believe that.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Own your own - What it means