HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by theimacman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:58 AM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,302 Posts
Mini-Review
SH Scorpion S-Max #6047A Tricopter

SH Scorpion S-Max #6047 Tricopter - Review and Flight (9 min 41 sec)
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:04 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
I just got one of these from Matt over at Skullcopter. He has the B style which is the scorpion body. I think I like yours a little better as far as looks are concerned. I've flown it twice so far. It seems to have a bunch of expo automatically built in. I have to move the sticks pretty far to get it going. Fun little y6 though. Good job on the video.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:45 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
It seems to have a bunch of expo automatically built in. I have to move the sticks pretty far to get it going.
Yeah there is quite a bit of deadspace around the center of the sticks. It may just be the hardware of the radio, as people have said the same about the Ares Ethos, which uses the same radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Good job on the video.
Thanks!
Old May 14, 2014, 01:59 PM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
controller issues?

Hi,
Glad to see that someone was able to give this thing a go

Do you guys recall ever having a problem binding it to its controller? I have one of these and was never able to get it off the ground: I connect the battery, the green light starts to flash, everything seems normal. I then throttle down the controller, switch it on, it beeps as prompted by the manual, but then nothing - the heli keeps flashing green and shows no signs of communicating with the controller :[

any ideas?

thanks in advance!
kkkkkingofsnake
kkkkkingofsnake is offline Find More Posts by kkkkkingofsnake
Old May 14, 2014, 02:56 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkingofsnake View Post
Hi,
Glad to see that someone was able to give this thing a go

Do you guys recall ever having a problem binding it to its controller? I have one of these and was never able to get it off the ground: I connect the battery, the green light starts to flash, everything seems normal. I then throttle down the controller, switch it on, it beeps as prompted by the manual, but then nothing - the heli keeps flashing green and shows no signs of communicating with the controller :[

any ideas?

thanks in advance!
kkkkkingofsnake
Hmm, no, I never had that issue. Did you have fresh batteries in the transmitter?
Old May 14, 2014, 04:00 PM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
Yeah, pretty much ran out and bought a pack of fresh AA's for it the day it came in the mail. The battery scale has all 4 ticks in it still.

Ryan, do you suppose it could be an issue with the lipo battery? how long did yours take to charge? did you use the controller or a usb port on a computer? Also the instructions specifically say : "The charger into a socket for charging, red light when charging, charging is completed the display is red" [sentence structure is a thing of the past I guess haha].
I have no clue which display is supposed to turn 'red' - the charger only has two bulbs. o_0
kkkkkingofsnake is offline Find More Posts by kkkkkingofsnake
Old May 14, 2014, 04:05 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkingofsnake View Post
Yeah, pretty much ran out and bought a pack of fresh AA's for it the day it came in the mail. The battery scale has all 4 ticks in it still.

Ryan, do you suppose it could be an issue with the lipo battery? how long did yours take to charge? did you use the controller or a usb port on a computer? Also the instructions specifically say : "The charger into a socket for charging, red light when charging, charging is completed the display is red" [sentence structure is a thing of the past I guess haha].
I have no clue which display is supposed to turn 'red' - the charger only has two bulbs. o_0
I can't imagine the LiPo would have anything to do with it. As long as the quad can power up, it should be able to bind.

It has been a long time since I flew this quad, so I don't remember the details, but it's a big battery, so I suspect it takes an hour+ to charge. And I always charge from a USB AC adapter. Basically, when you first plug the battery into the charger, whatever the light does (on or off), you charge until it does the opposite.