HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Pancari, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:22 AM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
Discussion
Test Flying the Hubsan H107 X4 Outdoors

I virtually live in my basement office, it's quiet, easy to drive to when it starts to snow and I'm never far from a box of protein bars.

After breaking multiple heli and quads in my office from hitting walls and then falling to hard surfaces like tables, printers and monitors, I decided to move up leave my basement office and fly on my first floor.

It was difficult at first as the sunlight was bright, difficult to adjust to, had to wear sunglasses and lots of black as I could feel the tingling on my skin from the sunlight. And then I had the realization that I could fly outside and all I had to worry about was flying into oncoming traffic or hitting a brick wall.

The weather was cloudy yesterday so I wasn't too afraid going outside and fly my Hubsan X4.

At first, It was difficult to fly in an area greater than 14' square I am used to and the unused footage saw the X4 flying into the street, hitting a neighbor's home, roofing the X4 on my porch covering. The last battery always seems to create the best flight videos.

I decided to fly in my neighbor's air space as my front yard has too many trees and bushes.

I hope those spare parts get here before the summer as I'm afraid of being incinerated by the summer sun.

Test Flying the Hubsan X4 Outdoors Jan 14 2013 (2 min 50 sec)
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drones Banned at Yosemite
to remove ads between posts