HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:30 AM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
USA, KY, Paris
Joined Dec 2002
329 Posts
Discussion
Kentucky Bluegrass Vintage Festival for 2013

Announcing the 2013 Kentucky Bluegrass Vintage Festival plus two different fly in's following.
The KBVF is on Thursday and Friday and followed on Saturday with a float fly at the Central Kentucky Float Flyers lake and a sailplane fly in on Sunday the the Clark County RC Barnstormers field. 4 days of flying on Memorial day weekend in May. May 23, 24, 25 and 26. In addition the KBVF invites any plane that is controlled by an ACE transmitter, see brochure.
Go to https://sites.google.com/site/kbvfky/ for a 13 page brochure for all three fly in's.
Iflyj3 is offline Find More Posts by Iflyj3
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2013, 06:28 PM
USA, KY, Paris
Joined Dec 2002
329 Posts
Only a week away, make your plans now.
Old May 16, 2013, 07:38 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,137 Posts
Vintage Bluegrass sounds real inviting to me! Just got down to Bean Blossom last weekend for the first time. It don't get much more Bluegrass than at Bill Monroe's campground!

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 19, 2013, 12:19 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,878 Posts
I Alison Krauss and Union Station will be there, I'd be tempted to drive there from CA.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old May 19, 2013, 02:53 PM
USA, KY, Paris
Joined Dec 2002
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged View Post
I Alison Krauss and Union Station will be there, I'd be tempted to drive there from CA.

Bluegrass as in Kentucky Bluegrass Vintage Festival is the actual grass and not music.
Old May 19, 2013, 03:37 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged View Post
She's from the Champaign area. Definitely one of my favorite groups, too. Actually, I've liked most of the bands those guys have been in over the decades.

Quote:
Bluegrass as in Kentucky Bluegrass Vintage Festival is the actual grass and not music.
Bummer. Hmmmm, that gets me thinking. We have a blues band (yuck) lined up for our July 3rd event, maybe next year we can get some real musicians to play for us!

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:16 AM
USA, KY, Paris
Joined Dec 2002
329 Posts
Announcing the 2014 Kentucky Bluegrass Vintage Festival plus two different fly in's following.
The KBVF is on Thursday and Friday and followed on Saturday with a float fly at the Central Kentucky Float Flyers lake and a sailplane fly in on Sunday the the Clark County RC Barnstormers field. 4 days of flying on Memorial day weekend in May. May 22, 23, 24 and 25. In addition the KBVF invites any plane that is controlled by an ACE transmitter, see brochure.
Go to https://sites.google.com/site/kbvfky/ for a 13 page brochure for all three fly in's.