HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:56 PM
gwh
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Dec 1996
1,610 Posts
Discussion
FLI V at the 114th Sponsored by 3DHS April 19-21, 2013 in DFW Texas

The 5th 3D Hobby Shop Fly-Low-In at the 114th RC Aero Squadron Field in Grapevine, Texas will be held on the weekend of April 19-21, 2013.

The fly-in is a gathering of 3DHS fans and those that would like to learn more about 3DHS products. All types of aircraft will be welcome in addition to the stable of 3DHS planes. Ben Fisher and friends will be flying and demonstrating his products throughout the weekend. He might even take the wraps off some cool new projects.

Google Map of the field and hotels in the surrounding area.

http://tinyurl.com/5d9g2t

Another map to the club field can be found and more information will be available at the 114th's web site http://114thrc.org/

FOR GPS PROGRAMING use 3029 Midway Road, Southlake, Texas 76092. This is the address for a wedding chapel that is just North of the flying field but most GPS programs should find it better than the road that the field is actually located on. GPS coordinates Latitude: 32.983218 Longitude: -97.121419

The club’s Grapevine field has a large grass runway and electrical outlets in the pit area. We are also planning have another great raffle sponsored by 3DHS and 3DRC Forums.

There will be food and drinks during the day and plan on sticking around for some electric night flying. Night flying is limited to electric aircraft only.

Because the field is in a suburban park we enforce a 100 DB at 10 feet noise limit for all aircraft and require sufficient mufflers and/or canisters on all engines.
gwh is offline Find More Posts by gwh
Last edited by gwh; May 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:43 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
I'm in
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:36 PM
Check Your Bolts!!
Grove, Ok
Joined Feb 2005
1,081 Posts
Guess I will try to make it.
JClark is offline Find More Posts by JClark
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:07 AM
The RED filters through
Rendon, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,959 Posts
I'm In
RedTalon is online now Find More Posts by RedTalon
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:35 PM
gwh
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Dec 1996
1,610 Posts
Ben will be here and he is bringing the trailer!!!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:43 PM
The RED filters through
Rendon, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,959 Posts
I really do need to build.... SOMETHING!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:00 AM
Joined Dec 2006
10 Posts
Fli v

The Fun Fly is getting closer. Planning is coming along nicely. Current information has Ben coming with a trailer full of goodies. See you there.
helitroll is offline Find More Posts by helitroll
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:26 PM
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
838 Posts
Well,

The Grapevine Fly Low I went to (2 years ago??) was so educational that I just have to make it to this one! Met lots of great folks and Mark got some lessons from Josh (BoneDoc) I'm sure if the trailer is there it's gonna be a rough weekend on my checkbook.

See Y'all there!

Jeff

I know the avatar doesn't show it but I've flown nothing but balsa for the last 8 months and I actually CAN land ok now! (not that it's optional)
jcfab is offline Find More Posts by jcfab
Old Mar 18, 2013, 03:34 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,139 Posts
I'm trying to squirrel away some extra fundage myself. I went a couple of years ago and didn't know a soul but didn't meet a stranger. Great time.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:53 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
We're super busy getting ready for this, Toledo, SEFF, Nall..you get the idea. So more building and organizing than posting lately.

Yep, barring any unforseen crashes, we'll have a new airplane that we're testing flying at the event. As always, any airplane in testing is a work in progress, so don't be surprised to see pieces of wood and tape hanging off of it while we're trying something.

We'regathering raffle prizes and garage sale items. Currently, the plan is to have the big trailer at this event with plenty of planes and parts.

Really looking forward to the first FLI of the season, at the home of the FLI.

See everyone there!
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 01, 2013, 09:45 PM
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
838 Posts
Hey Fly Low Fans..

Anyone looking for a yellow V2 Extra 300 SHP, I've run out of room and don't fly it much anymore. I could sell it airframe only or some form of receiver ready. (let me know what you want) Picture on my blog.

It has an Omega 103g. (recommended for the V2)
APC 13 x 6.5
E. F. AirBoss 45 Elite
(4) Hitec HS65 MG's
Stock Wheels
3" Wheels
SFG's
New 2 pc LG legs
(I might have an original also)

Flown about 50 times, no crashes or repairs. (Cracked Gear Repaired)
The cowl has a few wrinkles from nose-overs but no breaks.

Airframe Only: $100.

Options.....We can talk.

Pickup @ the Grapevine Fly Low

Jeff
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:03 AM
gwh
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Dec 1996
1,610 Posts
One more week!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 01:22 PM
The RED filters through
Rendon, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,959 Posts
My vacation request was finally approved yesterday!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:10 PM
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
838 Posts
Hey!

If there are no objections, I'm planning on setting up a table for free stuff. You know, things that have been collecting that you have too many of or don't need anymore. New flyers can use these things that we just know are necessary. If you have it and don't need it you can drop it on the table. Just trying to share the love.

I have some "For Sale" stuff also but will keep that in the truck. I know this is not a yard sale and don't want to cause a problem. Some of it is going to Jared for his buddy who's house burned recently.

Can't wait!

Jeff
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:53 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Jeff -

I'll donate some items to the "Free" table! Great idea.

I'll also have plenty of used and "garage sale" items in the trailer, please come by and ask. The warehouse needs to be cleaned out pretty constantly.

OK, packing up here, we'll see everyone on Thursday!!!!
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor