HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mark Wolf, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:11 PM
Flying electric since 1986
USA, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Oct 2000
1,764 Posts
Discussion
Stevens Aeromodel Skybuggy 100

Quick project for this winter's indoor flying. Fantastic kit, SA's stuff is first rate. RTF weight is 2.1 ounces with a 250 mah battery.
Mark Wolf is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wolf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aeromodel Skybuggy 100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:07 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,865 Posts
Skybuggy?

Dang, how many names does this design come with? For the life of me I cannot remember other names, but I am pretty sure none were Skybuggy. Even so, it sure is a cute little wonder and I have an itch to build one. Which build thread did you use?
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:13 PM
Flying electric since 1986
USA, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Oct 2000
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavah View Post
Dang, how many names does this design come with? For the life of me I cannot remember other names, but I am pretty sure none were Skybuggy. Even so, it sure is a cute little wonder and I have an itch to build one. Which build thread did you use?
Call it a Lazy Bee if you prefer, but I don't believe the Clancy kits are still available. I didn't follow any build thread, the kit practically builds itself.
Mark Wolf is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wolf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aeromodel Skybuggy 100
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:32 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Apr 2007
206 Posts
The Sky Buggy was based on a concept drawing by Kris Cartwright which was obviously heavily influenced by the Clancy Lazy Bee. The most significant difference is the flat wing on the Sky Buggy compared to the tip dihedral on the Lazy Bee. The flat wing is easier to build and cover, and actually improves the flight performance over dihedral - we tested both in the development of the Sky Buggy.

Mark
fleaz is offline Find More Posts by fleaz
Old Dec 11, 2013, 04:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ruislip
Joined Mar 2007
110 Posts
Lovely little aircraft Mark, nice scheme too. I've built a couple of the SA indoor range, beautiful little kits.
rk295 is offline Find More Posts by rk295
Old Oct 14, 2014, 08:38 PM
Joined Sep 2014
4 Posts
Avenger Battery Placement

Mark
How did you make room for your battery? What is the location on the plans? I am ordering the plane and want to be sure to take care of this ahead of time.

Also, how did you mount your motor?

Thanks so much-

Bob
rhollwedel is offline Find More Posts by rhollwedel
Old Oct 14, 2014, 08:41 PM
Joined Sep 2014
4 Posts
Avenger Questions

How did you make room for your battery? What is the location on the plans? I am ordering the plane and want to be sure to take care of this ahead of time.

Also, how did you mount your motor?

Thanks so much-
rhollwedel is offline Find More Posts by rhollwedel