HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:52 PM
Steamers & Military Ships
Bergen, Norway
Joined Jul 2007
45 Posts
Discussion
What 2.4 GHz DIY will work with Robbe Multiswitches?

Hello all,

The Robbe F14, F14N and FC16 are only sold as FM radios. These radios can be expanded by installing multiswitch modules. One module will allow you to controll for example 8 functions on one channel (on/off or proportional functions). You will also have to connect a module to the receiver.

Graupner has a similar system.

Reports on the net says that these multiswitch modules in general do not work with 2.4 GHz. It is however indicated they will work with Jeti Duplex.

Can anyone explain why these modules do not work with 2.4 Ghz, or do you know what 2.4 GHz systems in addition to Jeti that will work? Hopfully it should be FrSky.

I am not using the F-series myself, and will never do, but some of my fellow club members fancy the F14N and I would like to help them convert to 2.4 GHz.

HelgeBe
HelgeBe is offline Find More Posts by HelgeBe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:58 PM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
I can assure you that the 2.4 modules will not work with the multi prop modules for the Robbe radios. You can use them but only the linear channels will work. If you want to use the multi channels modules you have to stay with FM which for boats and such is actually better. There was a guy that use to convert the robbe radios but he passed away not too long ago and he explained to me that it has to do with multiphasing the channel. I really don't remember much else but he was in pretty bad shape at the end. I prefer FM for boats myself.
rascalflyer is offline Find More Posts by rascalflyer
Old Aug 19, 2013, 05:00 PM
Joined Jul 2006
8 Posts
unfortanly i'm not here often.

But there is a 2.4Ghz solution.

The only kit i would say works for 100% is jeti duplex. You need the jeti box to program the receiver

settings to change:

signal: by transmitter
timebase at max 0.8 - 2.2ms if i'm right (dont have the documents here)
cheeta is offline Find More Posts by cheeta
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:30 AM
Joined Nov 2008
82 Posts
Fwiw some of the Graupner HOTT radios have the functionality built in... So it should work.
powella is online now Find More Posts by powella