SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Discussion
What video editing software do you use?

Hey, I want to start making videos of my fpv recordings, but cant seem to find a video editor that is easy to use that has great features. What do you all use? I was thinking about using Imovie on my ipad considering it is very simple to use. Not really trying to spend any money on this, just looking for a cheap editor I can cut clips and add music to post on youtube. Thanks!
Wrice4 is offline Find More Posts by Wrice4
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:50 PM
Brasil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Apr 2010
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrice4 View Post
Hey, I want to start making videos of my fpv recordings, but cant seem to find a video editor that is easy to use that has great features. What do you all use? I was thinking about using Imovie on my ipad considering it is very simple to use. Not really trying to spend any money on this, just looking for a cheap editor I can cut clips and add music to post on youtube. Thanks!
Final Cut Pro x. Is not that cheap, but awesome
guipedroso is online now Find More Posts by guipedroso
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:10 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
I actually just found my pinnacle studio suites disc, so I might use that.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:28 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
sony vegas 11

Quad World 7 - Fire! (4 min 25 sec)
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:31 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jan 2013
32 Posts
Pinnacle Studio and iMovie are both excellent options if you have an iPhone/iPad. You'll be pretty surprised at what they're capable of.
tastybaklava is offline Find More Posts by tastybaklava
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
Adobe is offering cs2 creative suite for free which includes premier pro 2
Might wanna check it out as well as photoshop and illustrator.
Agree, iMovie and pinnacle for iPad are pretty sweet considering. Only wish they would update both more periodically with more features.
code74 is offline Find More Posts by code74
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:28 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
Vegas Movie Studio 11 here too. Great bang for the buck and easy to use.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:52 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Just deciding if I want to take my sd card out of my hd keychain camera and plug it into ipad for easy simple video editing or if I want to put it on the pc and edit on that. Ipad is easy, but pc could do much more. Then again, I just want to make a simple youtube video of my flights.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:53 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
I really dont want to spend the money right now, I have a kid due in a couple of months are we are saving as much as we can because my wife will not be going back to work after this. Also, I just spent $400 at HK to buy new stuff for fun, lol. Anything free for the pc that is decent? I just need to get the sd adapter for ipad to edit.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:59 PM
Switzerland, VS, Oberems
Joined Apr 2010
526 Posts
Windows movie maker
w4Rd3n is online now Find More Posts by w4Rd3n
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:08 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4Rd3n View Post
Windows movie maker
Seem like everytime I try to download that it doesnt work and downloads windows live essentials, then never has movie maker in it.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:10 PM
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrice4 View Post
I really dont want to spend the money right now, I have a kid due in a couple of months are we are saving as much as we can because my wife will not be going back to work after this. Also, I just spent $400 at HK to buy new stuff for fun, lol. Anything free for the pc that is decent? I just need to get the sd adapter for ipad to edit.
Look a few post above yours.....free adobe premier pro 2 from adobe website. Doesn't get much better than that for free.
As for the iPad, iMovie and pinnacle are relatively cheap, easy editing and easy upload to YouTube
code74 is offline Find More Posts by code74
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:39 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Just made my first video with movie maker, was very simple. Check it out on youtube at
Pop Wing Maiden (0 min 0 sec)

I will download adobe and check it out.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:09 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Says Video Unavailable.

NCH VideoPad editor is free to download,free trial for 2 wks then they ask if you want to buy or downgrade to the free version.
Choose downgrade to free version and the editor will still have many effects and transitions,can also add two audio tracks,change speed,crop,zoom and more.
Here's a link http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:51 AM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Says Video Unavailable.

NCH VideoPad editor is free to download,free trial for 2 wks then they ask if you want to buy or downgrade to the free version.
Choose downgrade to free version and the editor will still have many effects and transitions,can also add two audio tracks,change speed,crop,zoom and more.
Here's a link http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html
Thanks, I will try it when I get home. It was unavailable because it had not finished posting to youtube at the time. Its up now.