HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:21 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
Discussion
Final Wrap-up for the 2012 Britkit Build Off

Time to wrap up last year's Build Off and get on with the new Britplan one - join in, all welcome!

Votes in the Britkit Build Off poll were well scattered over the 24 entries, but the final results for the top three places were:

Joint 1st (6 votes each) KK Junior 112 by WarrenB: KK Sportster x 1.8 by Sundancer

Joint 2nd (4 votes each) Veron Phoenix by RFJ: KK Dandy by HarryD

3rd (3 votes) KK Senator by Froglube

Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to participate, looking at the excellent standard of the entries, everyone was a winner and I hope that all the models continue to give flying pleasure to their builders for a long time to come.
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:56 PM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
533 Posts
A big vote of thanks and congratulations to Sundancer on a very enjoyable build-off.

Quite a few people, including myself have a new plane they would otherwise not have got around to building.

I flew Junior again on Sunday (sorry forgot to arrange a video) and started to explore it's very relaxed aerobatic potential. It can loop so slowly it seems to almost stop over the top ...lovely!

I'll be in for the BritPlan too, but other jobs are in the way first, so maybe a small and simple design just before the deadline.
Warren B is online now Find More Posts by Warren B
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:29 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,222 Posts
What a nice planes and PEOPLE around !! love the love of this people for the building and flying. Hope some of then had chidden and teach them to build.
colibriguitars is online now Find More Posts by colibriguitars
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:18 AM
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
I can only repeat my thanks to Sundancer, Colonel Blink and all the friendly people who encouraged me back onto the path of proper building. I've had so much fun re-discovering skills from the past and learning a few new ones.
Hearty congratulations to the winners and to all who built so many lovely planes.
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Sep 2006
310 Posts
Thank you George for setting up this build-off and for your patient interest in those of us that need some guidance in our modelling. Congratulations to all who took part, without you it would be meaningless. whether we got lots of votes or none matters not for we all learned something and enjoyed the interchange of views and experience.
Raf_Bob is offline Find More Posts by Raf_Bob
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:42 AM
Since 1952
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2004
1,191 Posts
One more vote of thanks here, George, to you and all those who participated. I enjoyed doing it, learned a few things, and have a new model to play with.

I think the biggest benefit to me personally was probably that having made a (sort of) public commitment, I had a little extra incentive to keep focused and get the model finished. I have the bad habit of starting a model, then coming across another one that I like so much I just have to get started on it right away. The result is that I have several (too many) models in various stages of construction at any one time. The commitment and firm completion date help a lot with that.

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to getting going on my Britplan entry. But first...
Harry D is offline Find More Posts by Harry D
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:01 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
ENGLAND
Joined Jul 2001
2,427 Posts
I would also like to add my thanks for the BritKit comp. It provided me with many evenings of good quality entertainment watching you chaps create lovely models from yesteryear and my youth during a rather stressful time for me.
I hope to be joining in on the BritPlan.

Gordon
GeeW is offline Find More Posts by GeeW
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:16 PM
Dog is my co-pilot
Denver, CO
Joined Jan 2004
933 Posts
It's been fun watching this build-off. What a great collection of workmanship on display. You guys are an inspiration!
brokenspar is offline Find More Posts by brokenspar
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:47 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,282 Posts
Blink Towers, St George’s Mews, Empireton, Ilkley

Dear Sir or Madam:

I should like to complain in the strongest possible terms about the so-called ‘BritKit Build-Off’ which has recently been part of the traffic within the RCGroups forums.

Six months ago I was quite happy with my foam model, and after two years had purchased my second model, thereby doubling the contents of my hangar. However, after allowing myself to become mixed up with the ‘wrong crowd’ hanging about on the ‘Vintage & Old Timer’ street corner, and exacerbated by the addictive properties of balsa I am now in the position where my total hangar contents is four, I have two further models on the immediate build list, and a further build list stretching into the foreseeable future. My building area (which was fine for the occasional connecting of foam pieces) is now woefully inadequate, and I keep considering annexing further space from other family members. My spend with online hobby shops (two in particular) has increased tenfold, and I am not sure how many more times Lady Blink will believe that everything she sees cost ‘about a tenner’. Furthermore, it is also only a matter of time before I lacerate myself with a cheap Turkish razor blade – or Lady Blink will do it for me. Now with the ‘BritPlan Build Off’ this situation is being perpetuated, and my loss of self-determination is sealed.

Originally my plan was to await retirement before returning to aeromodelling......... yet now I am trying to work out when I can retire to fit in the aeromodelling.

In short, you should be bloody ashamed of yourselves, every bally man jack of you!!!

Yours addictively

Lancelot Septimus Tarquin Salisbury Blink, Colonel [Discharged (dishon. - disputed)]
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Last edited by Colonel Blink; Mar 10, 2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Discovered correct English plural of 'forum'
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:56 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
He he Colonel. To quote the infamous Sun headline - GOTCHA!!!
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Sep 2006
310 Posts
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Raf_Bob is offline Find More Posts by Raf_Bob
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:37 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Nov 2010
612 Posts