HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:35 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,725 Posts
Discussion
M.A.C.K.'s SLOW ROAD BACK

I am just posting an update to the progress being made at the M.A.C.K. Products factory, as of today. We have power restored and all three of our new heating plants up and running. We are still going thru the inventory and stock to see what can be salvaged or recycled. As for the building interior, every wall has been stripped including the insulation , and any bad wood framing is being replaced.

As for the machine shop, we have covered up the machines with plastic until the new roof is finished before we start replacing motors, clean and paint them getting them ready to start production again. The way thing are progressing , I do not think we will start to rebuild until sometime in February.

Although I and my family came thru hurricane SANDY wit out a scratch, the losses are unbelievable. You donít get much in scrap iron pricing for a HYSTER fork lift truck.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:08 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,793 Posts
what hyster's don't float? saw one come off a flatbed truck on a hiway off-ramp, they don't bounce also.. well any progress is good progress....
tghsmith is online now Find More Posts by tghsmith
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:10 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,201 Posts
All the Best Rich,

Will you be posting before and after pics of the shop, on your website, as you get it restored?
I know I would visit to see Sandy's aftermath on your business and your efforts toward restoration.

Aimee
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:01 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,350 Posts
How's the seawall coming along?
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:46 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,725 Posts
PAT- They are working on the sea wall as we speak. They have brought in one hell of a big dredge on the ocean side of the sea wall to pump sand up against the sea wall and rebuild the beaches again. The sea wall is really for protection against high surf action so the beach does not cross over at Monmouth Beach and Sea Bright.

The 19 foot tidal surge came up the rivers from Sandy Hook Bay and flooded Sea Bright and Monmouth Beach from the river side to the sea wall. There is really nothing you could do except head for the high ground, when the tide rises 19 feet above mean high tide. By the time the surge came up the creek around my property it was only 5 foot, but it came in with such force and went out with in two hours.

The way I look at it is, SCREW HURRICANE SANDY, lets rebuild with all new shinny painted rooms and machines. I canít wait to get back to building models again. Tearing out and scraping stuff is not my cup of tea.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:53 PM
mahoganyfan
United States, NJ, Atlantic City
Joined Nov 2010
660 Posts
Pulling through

Good to see you are keeping your head up Rich.
californiakid is offline Find More Posts by californiakid
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:54 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,751 Posts
Rich, at least you're still here above ground and at work, putting things back together---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:06 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,644 Posts
Rich, Very glad things are going to work out for you.
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Jan 14, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:39 PM
oldtribefan
Walnut Creek, CA
Joined May 2007
590 Posts
Rich, best of luck with the rebuilding. Hope you are back up and operating soon.
oldtribefan is offline Find More Posts by oldtribefan