HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:29 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,725 Posts
Discussion
M.A.C.K.'s SLOW ROAD BACK

I am just posting an update to the progress being made at the M.A.C.K. Products factory, as of today. We have power restored and all three of our new heating plants up and running. We are still going thru the inventory and stock to see what can be salvaged or recycled. As for the building interior, every wall has been stripped including the insulation , and any bad wood framing is being replaced.

As for the machine shop, we have covered up the machines with plastic until the new roof is finished before we start replacing motors, clean and paint them getting them ready to start production again. The way thing are progressing , I do not think we will start to rebuild until sometime in February.

Although I and my family came thru hurricane SANDY wit out a scratch, the losses are unbelievable. You don’t get much in scrap iron pricing for a HYSTER fork lift truck.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:24 PM
Woodfumbler......
Copenhagen. Denmark
Joined Apr 2010
1,202 Posts
Slow but steady, just as long you'r moving in the right direction. It is time to look forward, not back, and be happy you and your loved ones survived. I am. (happy YOU survived) And i think we (me and the rest of this forum) wont mind waiting for your no. 1 quality products. They are definitely worth the wait.
Sharky1dk is offline Find More Posts by Sharky1dk
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:38 PM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,579 Posts
Good to have some good news amist the disaster. And your resiliance is inspiring to us all that you didn't let that disaster deter you from continuing!!
keith S is online now Find More Posts by keith S
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:44 PM
mahoganyfan
United States, NJ, Atlantic City
Joined Nov 2010
661 Posts
Pulling Through

Keep your head up Rich.
californiakid is online now Find More Posts by californiakid
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:46 PM
United States, TX, La Porte
Joined Apr 2007
1,665 Posts
Flooding has to be the worst. I am very glad you are getting things back up and running again. We need MACK Products, it is what we look forward to seeing when a new model is coming out. Hang in there Rich, we are all pulling for you.
Gravman is offline Find More Posts by Gravman
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2004
2,453 Posts
Gravman said it well. Ditto.
jeepers1940 is offline Find More Posts by jeepers1940
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:51 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Glad to see that you are making progress.
Received my shipment on Monday. Many thanks!
rjdowney is offline Find More Posts by rjdowney
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:01 PM
Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky1dk View Post
Slow but steady, just as long you'r moving in the right direction. It is time to look forward, not back, and be happy you and your loved ones survived. I am. (happy YOU survived) And i think we (me and the rest of this forum) wont mind waiting for your no. 1 quality products. They are definitely worth the wait.
What he said!!!
Mike-A is offline Find More Posts by Mike-A
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:32 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
MACK Products

Rich:

congrats on your progress, can't wait to see you have the peace of mind that comes from putting this behind you. i met you many years ago at the RC show in White Plains NY and have bought many of your products and want to buy more

is there any chance that you can help me with a project that my scale boat builder (sadly, i have no skill in this regard) has on hold? He is building my sterling CC Corvette, bought all the running gear from you three years ago and only now discovered that pieces are missing that he needs to complete the installation. Is there a contact number or email address to reach you that i can forward to him?

thank you and i wish you the best of luck on your recovery.
cmakone is offline Find More Posts by cmakone
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3,725 Posts
CMAKONE-Just post a private message to (frankg) here on the forum along with a phone number you can be reached at and I will return your phone call.

Rich Koll (frankg)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:52 AM
mahoganyfan
United States, NJ, Atlantic City
Joined Nov 2010
661 Posts
Rich is rolling with the punches,just ordered his THUNDERBOLT kit and he is sending it out a.s.a.p. Can't wait to open the box and dive in to the build.
californiakid is online now Find More Posts by californiakid
Last edited by californiakid; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: font
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:15 PM
Registered User/CLMYG
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2009
769 Posts
We wish you the best Frank. Take it easy, watch your health in there and good luck the rest of the way!
ClassicBoats is offline Find More Posts by ClassicBoats
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:03 AM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicBoats View Post
We wish you the best Frank. Take it easy, watch your health in there and good luck the rest of the way!
So well said.
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:32 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicBoats View Post
Ditto from here Rich.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:16 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3,725 Posts
Thanks Guy’s for the kind words. I have every intention of coming back, better than ever, as they say “JERSEY STRONG”. We spit in the eye of hurricane “SANDY”, even if she did beat us up.