HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:13 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
Discussion
How Do You Throttle Calibrate an ESC with Red Wire Cut

After believing (incorrectly) that all four ESCs were throttle calibrate with my rx, I cut the red wires to attach each of the ESCs to the Naza M which has its own BEC.

Now I need to recalibrate (throttle) for two of the ESCs, and the red wire won't securely reattach. (Two or the motors start unevenly, and shut dow at 15% throttle - not good).

There is no power to the AR8000 receiver to recalibrate the ESC because the red wire isn't attached, and won't fit in the slot securely. Usually the Naza powers the throttle using its BEC, but it isn't attached to the throttle when I am throttle calibrating.

Help.

Thoughts on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thank you
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:05 PM
Joined Jun 2011
366 Posts
you must use the same power source for your ESCs that need to be calibrated and your Rx. Any 5v BEC in between your battery and Rx will do the job, then your connect your signal wires to your throttle channel one by one or 2 at a time by using a Y cable
oyibox is offline Find More Posts by oyibox