HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:43 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Alert
Buyer beware! BH Customer Service fails again.

I Bought a Super F-22 Raptor ("12ch" twin 70mm EDF) kit from Banana Hobby and it was missing the latches that hold the EDF hatch on. I immediately called the phone number provided, which only gave me a message to e-mail them through their website; I could not talk to a live person. So I then e-mailed and notified BH customer service that the parts were missing. The first e-mail I received was a brush-off LIE from the customer service hoping I would just epoxy it in place and not bother them. Only after I sent a curt and persistent reply did I actually get someone to pay attention. After a few e-mails back and forth that took more then a week, they confirmed the parts and said they would be sent to me. I was warned that it would take 3 - 7 business days for them to process the request and ship the parts. It has been 3 weeks and still no parts!!! Over 4 weeks, if you include the time it took to correspond the e-mails; which BTW, I replied to their e-mails within minutes each time they e-mailed me, so the delay was not on my end. One of the joys of a smart phone.

For comparison, for anyone new to the hobby. When you deal with a reputable company, like Horizon Hobby (Spektrum, Parkzone, et al.) things go much better; like a recent issue I had: I bought a new DX-8 transmitter and the battery it came with was bad. I called, they answered, they asked a few questions, they apologized, they EXPRESS SHIPPED the new battery THE SAME DAY! 48 hours later, I received my new battery and went flying!

But I Digress:

So Banana Hobby, where is the rest of my kit??? I have put over $1,000 into this kit, built it, repainted it, and all I have is a really big decoration.
TheMissingCard is offline Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:55 PM
Customer Support
Nancy BH CSR's Avatar
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissingCard View Post
I Bought a Super F-22 Raptor ("12ch" twin 70mm EDF) kit from Banana Hobby and it was missing the latches that hold the EDF hatch on. I immediately called the phone number provided, which only gave me a message to e-mail them through their website; I could not talk to a live person. So I then e-mailed and notified BH customer service that the parts were missing. The first e-mail I received was a brush-off LIE from the customer service hoping I would just epoxy it in place and not bother them. Only after I sent a curt and persistent reply did I actually get someone to pay attention. After a few e-mails back and forth that took more then a week, they confirmed the parts and said they would be sent to me. I was warned that it would take 3 - 7 business days for them to process the request and ship the parts. It has been 3 weeks and still no parts!!! Over 4 weeks, if you include the time it took to correspond the e-mails; which BTW, I replied to their e-mails within minutes each time they e-mailed me, so the delay was not on my end. One of the joys of a smart phone.

For comparison, for anyone new to the hobby. When you deal with a reputable company, like Horizon Hobby (Spektrum, Parkzone, et al.) things go much better; like a recent issue I had: I bought a new DX-8 transmitter and the battery it came with was bad. I called, they answered, they asked a few questions, they apologized, they EXPRESS SHIPPED the new battery THE SAME DAY! 48 hours later, I received my new battery and went flying!

But I Digress:

So Banana Hobby, where is the rest of my kit??? I have put over $1,000 into this kit, built it, repainted it, and all I have is a really big decoration.
Good evening TheMissingCard.

May I have your order number please.

- Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:08 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Hello Nancy,

Unfortunately, I've seen this too many times where one of you CSR's come on and ask for order numbers and then say you'll fix it, so everyone who reads the thread will think you did something. Then a few weeks later there is a post from the original person asking what happened to the service you promised them, because nothing ever showed and no one would answer their messages.

I mean lets be honest, if you were going to help me you already would have. Not to mention, I have already now fabricated the missing parts, as I'm not going to wait another month to actually get to fly the plane i bought from you 6 weeks ago.

Do not worry though, I will never post another thread about your poor service, mostly because I will never purchase anything from you again anyways.
TheMissingCard is offline Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:35 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
Boom!!!!!
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:48 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Let me be clear, BH customer service will not respond to my e-mails even after several days; however, they post on this public forum the same day!

So Nancy, why are you offering to help me here, but no one will reply to my e-mail I sent to your Customer Service office???

Could it be that no one else can see my e-mail, and know that you are not helping???
TheMissingCard is offline Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:05 AM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,489 Posts
TMC, so you come on here complaining about service and when they try to help you refuse to give them your order number. Missing a couple plastic bits... Over $1000 into this???? Not to say you shouldn't get the plastic bits (or that you didn't really get them and lost them) but get real.

YOU LOOSE!
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:49 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
I loose??? Not sure how.

I've actually fabricated the metal pieces needed, so I'm not depending on them to supply them to me anymore.

I am not accepting their help on here, because they are not replying to my direct e-mails. If they were actually going to help me, they would reply to my e-mail, where there is an established dialogue and all the required information already. Why would they not respond to my e-mails, but help me on here. Just like the other people on here, they will make a public show of how they will help, but never will.

Yes over $1,000, would you like to see the spreadsheet I made to track it all.

Essentially it was an experiment in seeing if putting all top of the line electronics and accouterments into a cheapo, but good looking, airframe would result in a really good plane, as there are very few foam EDF's produced by quality companies at this point.

Though, I am curious; what is not real about wanting the company I purchased something from to return an e-mail? We had an ongoing and productive dialog, they said they would sent the part; now, when the part doesn't arrive and they won't respond via e-mail, in accordance with our previous dialog; then, I am supposed to believe that this time they will actually help? Why would they actually help here if they won't help via e-mail?

Either way I win, I either have an awesome EDF that I put a lot of time and money into, or I have a full set of top of the line electronics to put into a better quality airframe and lots of valuable experience gained.

The only looser here is BH, loosing any future business from me.
TheMissingCard is offline Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:59 AM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,489 Posts
Good post and I'm glad that you did get the parts made you needed. As far as BH, I hope they learn from your posts but I know they won't. That's why I don't buy, or recommend people buy, from them. I would rather pay a bit more and get customer service.

$1000 really does seem like a lot and I hope you get the value from the added expense. When I wrote the above I did not realize you where outfitting the basic airframe with better parts.

Happy flying.
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:55 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Thanks Evan.

Trust me $1000 dollars is ALOT!!!!!

It's amazing how fast it goes; my original budget was only $450!

Good thing I'm not an accountant!
TheMissingCard is offline Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:56 PM
MichiganRCflyer
bunkx9's Avatar
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Nov 2012
128 Posts
Can't wait until you crash your plane, then blame it on BH again. Lmao
bunkx9 is offline Find More Posts by bunkx9
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:49 PM
Addiction Defined
mx_ata2d's Avatar
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Nov 2011
291 Posts
Wow, almost seems bipolar
mx_ata2d is offline Find More Posts by mx_ata2d
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:48 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkx9 View Post
Can't wait until you crash your plane, then blame it on BH again. Lmao
Right...

Is that some poke that it was MY fault that my plane was missing parts, or that it was my fault that BH did not do what they promised???

Why would I blame them for a kit I built?

To be completely honest, I did attempt to maiden it on Monday; damaged all the gear, and never got off the ground. That WAS my fault, as I have never worked with vectored thrust before; Upon analysis, the vectoring looked straight, but was actually pushing up. This pushed the nose wheel down, causing it to not take-off.

No problem, I should have researched vectored thrust more; I have now come up with an easy way to check the balance of the thrust vectoring, in the future. I have fixed the landing gear, adjusted the thrust vectoring, and will go try again tomorrow.

NOW...

This is just another lame attack by a BH groupie, trying to make a joke of me, and move the topic off BH and their piss poor customer service. I think that is what they call MISDIRECTION!! Oooh, ahhhh! You can't defend them, so attack me, with a weak poke. At least it moved the topic off BH Customer service for a few lines:

Which, by the way, I have STILL not received a reply e-mail asking what happened to the parts they said were shipping in 3-5 business days. Maybe you BH groupies can keep this thread going long enough, that BH will actually reply???
TheMissingCard is offline Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:05 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx_ata2d View Post
Wow, almost seems bipolar
If you are saying I may be bipolar, because I was curt with Evan D after his first post, then I was nice and friendly on my reply to his second post.... Then look at the content, dummy!

I am a US Marine Corps Infantry combat veteran, with 3 years in Special Operations. I deployed to all continents except South America and Antarctica. If you insult me, you are looking for a fight. If you then back down and treat me fairly, then I too will respond in kind, and am very easy to get along with. I also do not hold a grudge; unless it is earned.

I am not like you easy chair civilians, who gets pissed off when my ice cream isn't the right temperature, and them I'm in a bad mood all day. Boo Freakin' Hoo!!!

Not to mention, if I were to be bipolar; then I good and well earned it!

So Evan D's first post was rude and accusative, so I called him on his sh@t.

He changed his tune, apologized, and even gave me a compliment.

The right thing to do, when someone makes a mistake and owns up to it, is to not hold a grudge and act like a baby. I can only infer, that is what you would have done, since you seam to think I should have.

Questions???

Anyone else want to make a personal attack on me? It sure is easy when you are safe and warm in your home and aren't doing it in peoples face.
TheMissingCard is offline Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:38 PM
Customer Support
Nancy BH CSR's Avatar
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissingCard View Post
Hello Nancy,

Unfortunately, I've seen this too many times where one of you CSR's come on and ask for order numbers and then say you'll fix it, so everyone who reads the thread will think you did something. Then a few weeks later there is a post from the original person asking what happened to the service you promised them, because nothing ever showed and no one would answer their messages.

I mean lets be honest, if you were going to help me you already would have. Not to mention, I have already now fabricated the missing parts, as I'm not going to wait another month to actually get to fly the plane i bought from you 6 weeks ago.

Do not worry though, I will never post another thread about your poor service, mostly because I will never purchase anything from you again anyways.
Hello TheMissingCard.

Without the order number, I am unable to look into the issue and do my best to help you. I do wish to assist you to the best of my abilities. You had mentioned that if I wish to help you out, I would have; however, I do not know your name, as the forum would only provide me with your username or your order number, thus, disabling me from pulling up your order.
According to your previous post, you had mentioned that a representative had informed you that we will be sending you the missing parts. Without the order number or the case number, I am unable to see if the parts were actually submitted and/or if it was shipped. I do hope you understand that the information is necessary for me to help assist you the best I can.
Up-to-date, I still do wish to help you, but the information is needed so that I may know as to what is currently going on with your order/case.

- Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:07 AM
Addiction Defined
mx_ata2d's Avatar
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Nov 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissingCard View Post
If you are saying I may be bipolar, because I was curt with Evan D after his first post, then I was nice and friendly on my reply to his second post.... Then look at the content, dummy!

I am a US Marine Corps Infantry combat veteran, with 3 years in Special Operations. I deployed to all continents except South America and Antarctica. If you insult me, you are looking for a fight. If you then back down and treat me fairly, then I too will respond in kind, and am very easy to get along with. I also do not hold a grudge; unless it is earned.

I am not like you easy chair civilians, who gets pissed off when my ice cream isn't the right temperature, and them I'm in a bad mood all day. Boo Freakin' Hoo!!!

Not to mention, if I were to be bipolar; then I good and well earned it!

So Evan D's first post was rude and accusative, so I called him on his sh@t.

He changed his tune, apologized, and even gave me a compliment.

The right thing to do, when someone makes a mistake and owns up to it, is to not hold a grudge and act like a baby. I can only infer, that is what you would have done, since you seam to think I should have.

Questions???

Anyone else want to make a personal attack on me? It sure is easy when you are safe and warm in your home and aren't doing it in peoples face.
I suppose this is where I'm supposed to be scared right? I'm not the kind of person who would say something behind somebody's back that I wouldn't say to their face. I saw your first post as a bit over the top , then quickly about faced. You don't like what I wrote? That's your right. Its not an attack as you seem to find it. And just a bit more info, I was also responding to evand's post. Questions??
mx_ata2d is offline Find More Posts by mx_ata2d
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mx_ata2d; Jan 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Buyer Beware - Extreme Flight RC poor customer service dougschaefer89 Vendor Talk 11 Sep 03, 2013 03:11 AM
Alert Banana Hobbies: BUYERS BEWARE!!! Low quality products and poor customer service! metke11040 Banana Hobby 15 Sep 21, 2012 06:29 PM
Discussion Buyer beware Hobby Lobby and customer service scvflyer Vendor Talk 36 Feb 22, 2010 03:46 PM
Careful! Buyer Beware! There is NO customer support at UH/HK/HC SteveC68 HobbyKing 53 Oct 18, 2009 08:26 PM
For Sale Buyer failed - back up for sale Vento F3F NIB + ballast + custom bag mylestone Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 8 Jul 23, 2009 09:57 AM