HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:20 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,552 Posts
Discussion
What to do with Sandy Hook

Many want to tear it down and build a memorial: newtown-debates-the-fate-of-sandy-hook-elementary-school

Maybe one of the posters from Israel can respond but my experience there, when bus and public bombings happened weekly, was the carnage would be cleaned up, the damage repaired and people would go back to "normal" as quickly as possible; often within hours instead and not days. There weren't piles of flowers and candles and few permanent monuments of any kind to mark the place something happened.

Here in this country when there's a car accident it seems like people need to have a candlelight vigil and put up a cross. Why are we so morose?
Fokker Ace is offline Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:08 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,658 Posts
Make it like the schools in L.A.... Get out the mop, clean it, give it some spackle and paint and hold class.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:21 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,725 Posts
Maybe determine exactly what happened there and then make a decision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Wx9GxXYKx_8
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Aug 2003
1,658 Posts
I have my doubts that Sandy Hook happened... But then I have no doubts that the feds blew the federal building on Oklahoma City...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
I have my doubts that Sandy Hook happened... But then I have no doubts that the feds blew the federal building on Oklahoma City...
Alright y then....
Broken Wings is offline Find More Posts by Broken Wings
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:27 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,725 Posts
I am still befuddled that we have not seen the typical CG representations, graphics with details and timelines down to the granular level on this case. Have I been missing all that or what?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:29 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
734 Posts
Quote:
There's 20 sets of parents who can't believe Sandy Hook happened either. But it did.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined Aug 2003
1,658 Posts
Anyone see bodies, bullet holes... I have seen a lot of bad actors...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:52 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,725 Posts
I don't believe that something didn't happen but, I do believe that there is a lack of clarity about what exactly did happen
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:56 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
Anyone see bodies, bullet holes... I have seen a lot of bad actors...
Not cool dude.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:24 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
I was at home and had news on when all this went down, I must admit, sitting there watching it unfold, I started getting confused with the facts as they kept changing as the day went on..... I dont know if it was just a race for news crews to be first to get story out, or something else but it sure got suspicious.
I rather have it all be fake then to think it really happened....just for the childrens sake.
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:52 PM
Joined Jun 2010
292 Posts
I had a post on this about my family, /We were there shortly after. My wife took some pictures at a memorial site. Its was filled with sad memories. My son works with an engineer in Danbury that had a very close call and it goes on an on. I can't even figure out why the op posted a really stupid post about something ihe had no connects with.

Rc Works and others made some really bad comments. totality out of line.

So I'm sitting here thinking to I really want to be a part of this group? I know it's just a few bad apples but it only takes one or two to wreck every thing. .

Never make decisions when your mad. 20 dead kids and 6 adults and you guys are making what you think are funny troll comments?

Scary part about this there appears to be some mental problems going on because this is not a sane reaction. Totally off the wall.

I'll post tomorrow and make a decision. Right now I'm ashamed to even be a RCer. especially if the moderator don't take a stand.
Aaron 1 is offline Find More Posts by Aaron 1
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:07 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
I am still befuddled that we have not seen the typical CG representations, graphics with details and timelines down to the granular level on this case. Have I been missing all that or what?
Tinfoil hats aside, it is interesting we haven't seen any of that. Usually the media is completely tasteless about these things.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:12 AM
Joined Aug 2003
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Not cool dude.
It does not look like anything happened, A lot of cars but nowhere seen are kids leaving nor even on the school grounds. Something is fishy here.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:13 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1 View Post
I had a post on this about my family, /We were there shortly after. My wife took some pictures at a memorial site. Its was filled with sad memories. My son works with an engineer in Danbury that had a very close call and it goes on an on. I can't even figure out why the op posted a really stupid post about something ihe had no connects with.
More personal attacks?

I guess everything you post about you have "connects" with. Okay, you saw a memorial thousands of other people saw and you know somebody who knows somebody who wasn't a victim. You're right, nobody else should comment about the story - not even when they were commenting about a news story from the New York Times.