HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Discussion
Does someone here makes or can point someone who can, custom Composite Airframes?

Hi,

I'm not sure if its the right forum or not, but I decided to post anyway.

I'm looking for someone that can make a nice composite airframe, like the penguin-B but not so complex of course. I made a 3D rendering of the Mugin and a nice composite version of this airframe would be enough for me. (2.5 to 3 meter wingspan) Its for an UAV in my country, its an enviromental UAV in Amazon rain forest.

So please, post here if you qualify or if you know who does...

Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:31 AM
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jan 2005
2,285 Posts
I made one of these

This was a prototype. The deal was for 10 airframes but after more than 400 hours of labor designing and protoyping - when it came time for the money everything stopped.

I wont design for free again - but could put something together for you. How many are you looking for?

Thanks

Rick
Air Head is online now Find More Posts by Air Head
Last edited by Air Head; Jan 14, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:47 PM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
976 Posts
Are you open to other UAV platforms or must it be that design?
SlowBarless is offline Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:32 AM
Hegra, Norway
Joined Feb 2007
145 Posts
If you only need one or a handfull, then just buy the Mugin instead. Very much airframe for the money, although a bit heavy. Firm I work for has both the Penguin B and a Mugin. Penguin is beautiful, but the Mugin flies well and is solid built.

Lars
LN-JET is offline Find More Posts by LN-JET
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:00 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
976 Posts
http://www.bigbruceracing.com/sensar.html
SlowBarless is offline Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close