HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:16 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Discussion
Does someone here makes (or can point someone who can) custom Composite Airframes?

Hi,
I'm looking for someone that can make a nice composite airframe, like the penguin-B but not so complex of course. I made a 3D rendering of the Mugin UAV and a nice composite version of this airframe would be enough for me. (2.5 to 3 meters wingspan) Its for an UAV in my country, its an enviromental UAV in Amazon rain forest.

So please, post here if you qualify or if you know who does...
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:23 AM
Slovakia
Joined May 2006
89 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Hi,
I'm looking for someone that can make a nice composite airframe, like the pe::uin-B but not so complex of course. I made a 3D rendering of the Mugin UAV and a nice composite version of this airframe would be enough for me. (2.5 to 3 meters wingspan) Its for an UAV in my country, its an enviromental UAV in Amazon rain forest.

I do have one, flying wery well. But it has no composite wing. Only fuselage is GFK. One can see it here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139455
Making molds for wing is too expensive and time consuming.
Payload for bluespy is cca 3kg
lospalos is offline Find More Posts by lospalos
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:25 PM
USA, TN, Knoxville
Joined Oct 2004
378 Posts
We do various composit work from mold making to final layup...

Here is a small airframe I'm doing now. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789022

We do all the foam cutting for wings in house and can even do glassed foam like some of the sailplanes.

cheers,
Scott A.
patternpilot1 is offline Find More Posts by patternpilot1
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:43 PM
Inherent Tinkerer
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Joined Jul 2003
1,434 Posts
I designed the Vector P several years ago that is very similar. http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...587-24-vp1.gif We currently produce several other aircraft at www.hangar18uav.com

Jimmy
jtprouty is offline Find More Posts by jtprouty
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Reginak, Could you let me know how you get on. Looking for something similar for Wildlife project in Africa. Would also be interested in chipping in to get a couple of the Mugin frames in composite.
prinnceb is offline Find More Posts by prinnceb
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:02 AM
Fly low, fly FAST!
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Jun 2004
112 Posts
We do custom composite airframes of all types.

If you want a custom composite airframe, get in touch. We can do a one-off of your design or set up production of a limited number, or high volume production - your choice. We also produce our own aircraft, both fixed wing and rotary wing (single and multi rotors). Our fixed wing design is much more efficient and high performance than most anything out there under 150kg.

We have an in-house design team, CAD, CNC work, etc. Locations in the UK and the US (and soon in Canada). Which location will do the molding and layup will depend on where you are in terms of keeping shipping costs down.

See us here: www.rovsystems.co.uk
keithskye is offline Find More Posts by keithskye
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:44 AM
Joined Jul 2009
484 Posts
We don't do the composites fabrication but can do everything else to get your design in the air.

Also, we have a local partner who specializes in custom aircraft composites construction and has all the tooling and in house expertise required at lower rates. If interested I'll send your pic to them (do you have solidworks and catia design drawings?) and get a quote for you.
diakatche is offline Find More Posts by diakatche
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:29 AM
UAV Operator
Brazil, SP, Caraguatatuba
Joined Jun 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Hi,
I'm looking for someone that can make a nice composite airframe, like the penguin-B but not so complex of course. I made a 3D rendering of the Mugin UAV and a nice composite version of this airframe would be enough for me. (2.5 to 3 meters wingspan) Its for an UAV in my country, its an enviromental UAV in Amazon rain forest.

Hi Regina,

Your thoughts is the same of mine.
Right now, I need make a decision for an UAV with features similar a Mugin, and I'm not sure about H-tail or V-tail. Also, I'm looking for one build with composites, also... And I'm from Brazil too.

Wow, how many coincidences!

Good luck for both.
ECODRONES is offline Find More Posts by ECODRONES