HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:52 PM
Pro to the Duce
United States, PA, Stroudsburg
Joined May 2007
37 Posts
Discussion
Ultrafly Ultimate BiPlane Questions

So I purchased a used Ultrafly ultimate bipe from a guy off craigslist for $90, rtf, just needed radio gear and a battery. Every thing seems solid on it, figured it be a cheap upgrade from my slow stick w/ ailerons.

Anyways, I just wanted to hear ideas on battery placement. Right now, I have it inside the canopy pushed in the crevise under the wing. Seems to fit nice and snug and the balance point is perfect. The only problem is the way the canopy is mounted. It's held on by 4 really right screws (1 of which I already ripped out the plastic screw insert in the foam). Anyone have an ideas on a quick release type of mount for the canopy? I was thinking magnets but I'm not sure if they would interfere with anything?

And are there any tips I should know prior to flying? I've been flying my brushless + aileron modded slow stick for a while, getting used to different characteristics such as stalls, rolls, dives, etc, and I've also been flying on real flight for the past few years with various model types.

Pics of the plane are attached. Thanks.
maxxdout is offline Find More Posts by maxxdout
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2013, 11:53 PM
United States, OR, Eagle Creek
Joined Apr 2007
169 Posts
On mine the battery is in the opening in front of the landing gear currently I fly it on 1350 batts though with the new lighter cells like zippy compacts I may try 1500's in the future seems a little tail heavy with my new 1300 compacts any other thoughts on this plane would be welcomed by those of us who are still flying them mine has a rc hot deals 2217/9 motor with a 40 amp controller and d213f digital metal geared servos flies great just starting to get it all sorted and flying to my liking !!!
motorhead540 is offline Find More Posts by motorhead540