HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:13 AM
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2012
245 Posts
Discussion
Blade nano cpx body shake

Well when I fly it inside or out, the heli will shake for a second and could mess me up in the process. It usually happens in the begginning of my flights and not the end. Please give me advice on what to do but it is nothing to serious. Also, what is the best way to flip it for the first time?
Zbak is offline Find More Posts by Zbak
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:51 AM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Can't help you with the flipping thing, but I've read elsewhere that the shaking is due to low head speed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, the stabilization unit in the heli is either turning on or it's trying to initiate, causing the shake (one or both of those issues). I'll turn on my radio for mine, leave it on for a few seconds, then plug in the battery, trying to keep it as still and level as I can, and that's no small feat with my fat fingers. Hope this helps?
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:54 AM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
check the spindle. Thats what was wrong with mine
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helipilot23 View Post
check the spindle. Thats what was wrong with mine
I have really never badly crashed it so I don't think that's it. I think th gyro thing might be it though because it is random then still
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:26 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbak View Post
Well when I fly it inside or out, the heli will shake for a second and could mess me up in the process. It usually happens in the begginning of my flights and not the end. Please give me advice on what to do but it is nothing to serious. Also, what is the best way to flip it for the first time?
Its not very clear whats happening.... do you mean its shaking in the air after you take off, or its shaking as you spool up? If its shaking on spool up, thats normal, and caused by the loosness of the blades, but should go away quickly as the head gains speed. Most times its much more noticable when you spool down.

If thats not it, a vid would help us help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
I'll turn on my radio for mine, leave it on for a few seconds, then plug in the battery, trying to keep it as still and level as I can, and that's no small feat with my fat fingers. Hope this helps?
Here, here is a little known secret. You are worrying over nothing. Yes the manual says "NOTICE: Do not allow the helicopter to move until the
blue LED on the 3-in-1 control unit is solid. "
but the fact of the matter is, the heli wont initalize untill the heli is sitting still. You can actualy plug in the battery and then "fly" the heli around the room in your hand, and it wont actualy initalize till you are done having fun and set it down.... try it. Then you can stop worrying about trying to keep it still while plugging in the battery. Just plug it in (dont worry about keeping the heli level either, I hold mine nearly upside down when I plug it in) and set it down.
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
245 Posts
I found out what the shaking was from. The blades hade about 1/8 inch apart when spinning, well actually a very small gap. I tightened the blades slightly and there you go, gone. Also the blades are still pretty lose like from factory.