HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:13 PM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel v View Post
He feels working with a high Kv motor with a propeller as 12 x 4.
Against using low Kv and a 12 x 6

In the videos is heard that the engine is very fast.

Do 3D not be better less RPM?
lower kv motors make better torque and can spin bigger props more easily. Big props are good for 3d
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:13 PM
Joined Sep 2006
30 Posts
Lol. Just saw the video by Chuck. A non 3D pilot flying a 3D plane.
lexin is offline Find More Posts by lexin
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:49 AM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,003 Posts
QQ does not know this?

This is the second model, which take an engine apparently with the improper Kv.

That E fflite or parkzone not can provide the proper Kv?
Or they don't know how to do it?

I have read somewhere that the Mr. Ken Myers advised Andrew Jesky in engine selection.
If not true I feel sorry for the error.
manuel v is offline Find More Posts by manuel v
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:05 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel v View Post
QQ does not know this?

This is the second model, which take an engine apparently with the improper Kv.

That E fflite or parkzone not can provide the proper Kv?
Or they don't know how to do it?

I have read somewhere that the Mr. Ken Myers advised Andrew Jesky in engine selection.
If not true I feel sorry for the error.

The problem is they build these things for the masses. They have to make compromises to make it work across a bigger speed envelope. I'm sure QQ tested a bunch of motors. This comes back to my original problem with Horizon Hobby. They make good airframes, but they don't sell them. They make you buy the whole package, which is less than flattering and overpriced.
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:36 AM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Chinese... LOL
Thank you. I was beginning to suspect no one noticed the gaffe.
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:59 AM
Life's 2 short not to be Extrm
United States, IL, Poplar Grove
Joined May 2012
122 Posts
I bought one of these, and all I can say is what a disappointment! I know I'm a bit spoiled with my 3DHS and EF, but this plane does NOT lock in well to anything (oh wait, please refer to the receiver manual for adjustment) or do anything else that great. If you hit the gear switch (granted, I'm running a DX6i, because I have to run some sort of Spektrum radio, and I'm not going to spend too much money on a Spektrum radio system) you lose almost all elevator movement and speed (oh wait, please refer to the receiver manual). I does a little bit of everything, but nothing really that well (but wait, please refer to your receiver manual). Does anyone get my point yet. They are too cheap to even include the receiver manual, you have to go and download it!

I even emailed Horizon Hobby about some of the problems (their website sucks also), and here is their answer: . In regards to your Visionaire, It sounds like you’re in 3D mode, when in this mode, and the gear switch is flipped (flight mode change) your elevator will only have 20% travel Page 20 of the AR635 Manual goes over this really well.

However page #20 has to do with failsafe mode and range testing....what a joke!!!!

Horizon Hobby you really missed the mark on this one!

Local hobby store just laughed, which is all I can do.
thfirefighter479 is online now Find More Posts by thfirefighter479
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Vinyls
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:34 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,586 Posts
I'd have been happier to find that this bird would be a 3S machine running 1000mAh or less. Seems like the market's always open for more 2200 3S/4S planes...something I have zero interest in as I don't happen to belong to the AMA or have access to a large field.
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thfirefighter479 View Post
I bought one of these, and all I can say is what a disappointment! I know I'm a bit spoiled with my 3DHS and EF, but this plane does NOT lock in well to anything (oh wait, please refer to the receiver manual for adjustment) or do anything else that great. If you hit the gear switch (granted, I'm running a DX6i, because I have to run some sort of Spektrum radio, and I'm not going to spend too much money on a Spektrum radio system) you lose almost all elevator movement and speed (oh wait, please refer to the receiver manual). I does a little bit of everything, but nothing really that well (but wait, please refer to your receiver manual). Does anyone get my point yet. They are too cheap to even include the receiver manual, you have to go and download it!

I even emailed Horizon Hobby about some of the problems (their website sucks also), and here is their answer: . In regards to your Visionaire, It sounds like you’re in 3D mode, when in this mode, and the gear switch is flipped (flight mode change) your elevator will only have 20% travel Page 20 of the AR635 Manual goes over this really well.

However page #20 has to do with failsafe mode and range testing....what a joke!!!!

Horizon Hobby you really missed the mark on this one!

Local hobby store just laughed, which is all I can do.
Geeze this is the entire opposite of what I experienced with this plane.

I also fly a EF 48'' Edge and a 3DHS 51'' Slick but found this plane does evey thing very well.

I hate to say it but it may be your radio setup, I know it seems you are very flustered with it.

I downloaded the file provided by HH for my DX8 and found it very easy to use and actually have not changed anything except for adding a larger elevator servo horn.

In normal mode I get 50% control throw and in 3D I get 100% I do not know why yours is not working as expected.

There is a good thread in the 3D Foamy's section and maybe someone there can help get it worked out for you.

Here is a video posted by one of the guys in the thread of his stock one (not me flying!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PT094rHJekg

You can see the plane is very capable.
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined May 2012
122 Posts
Maybe it's because I'm using a 6i and not a 7,8 or 18. However I cannot even get the receiver to go into programming mode. I tried to call HH yesterday, Sat on hold for 30 minutes, was then given the call-back option. Once they finally called me back (over 2 1/2 hours later), I was no longer at home and couldn't go through this thing step by step. So I guess I will have to wait until I have 4 -5 hours to waste, and try to call them again.

One basic maneuver that should be easily done with this would be a Harrier. However once I get it set up, it rocks like it is 6 foot swells on the beach.

I think the set-up may be wrong, but until I can get the receiver to enter it, I can't tell.

BTW.....I do have an Eagle Tree and set-up on that was easy as pie compared to this.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:37 PM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
782 Posts
Man that stinks,

Its a shame because it really is a very good plane. Rock steady in harrier upright and inverted.

If you cant get help from HH maybe post in the foamy thread and see if someone out there is using a 6i also.
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:34 PM
Joined May 2012
122 Posts
I would like to hear from anyone flying this on a 6i or below. I want to know how their plane performs. I just got off the phone with HH, and we were not able to come to any resolution other than I have to turn my gains way down. I would appreciate the input from other 6i fliers.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:15 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thfirefighter479 View Post
I would like to hear from anyone flying this on a 6i or below. I want to know how their plane performs. I just got off the phone with HH, and we were not able to come to any resolution other than I have to turn my gains way down. I would appreciate the input from other 6i fliers.
Sorry to hear you are having problems.. I now have around 30 flights with my visionaire and am more than satisfied with its performance as are all of the 3D'ers at my flying field.. Granted it won't break any speed records but this plane will do just about anything 3D that you want it to do...and does most of them very well.. I am flying mine with a DX6I with low rates set at 70% and high rates at 100% with no problems what so ever.. I did have a problem with very little elevator throws in General Mode but since I don't use general mode anyway, its no problem for me.. I set my radio up exactly as the manual said with the exception of decreasing my expos a little.. I think they are now on 5% low rates and 10% high rates..
I will also say that I have had a totally different experience with Horizon than you did.. About 2 weeks ago, I had one of my aileron servos fluttering.. I called Horizon and left my number.. They called me back in 27 minutes and told me NOT to fly the plane... They sent me not one...but two new servos at no charge so I could swap out both aileron servos just in case the other one was bad too.. I can't say enough good about this plane or the service I have received from Horizon.. Hopefully they can get you fixed up so you can enjoy this plane like it was designed to be enjoyed..
Cloud_Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cloud_Buster
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:54 AM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Dec 2012
46 Posts
This is my favorite plane that we've ever demo'd at our store. This thing is a lot of fun. We did a video of the assembly and flight demo. It crashed into me while I was trying to film it but luckily I didn't get hurt lol
ManiacsDane is offline Find More Posts by ManiacsDane
Site Sponsor