HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:02 AM
Joined Feb 2010
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedinflyer View Post
Another Chinesse Foamy
I think this is far away from a chinesse foamy...
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:37 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Another Chinesse Foamy
HATER
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:00 PM
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Jun 2010
94 Posts
Tomorrow is Heli Day... But, maybe I'll stuff it in the Van and take it out for a Romp?
Reading through the Manuals, and looks like the AR635 Comes with the Gains preset for this Model...Good Thing! Just trying to figure out how to turn off the AS3X In Flight? It appears that I can turn it down with the Gear channel but not off...
Efishensea is offline Find More Posts by Efishensea
Last edited by Efishensea; Jan 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:24 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,400 Posts
Parkzone VisionAire ChuckT with the Maiden (8 min 51 sec)

This plane is going to hurt the sales of high wing trainers. Lol.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Jan 20, 2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:42 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,307 Posts
nice but a bit pricey for a foamy
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:27 PM
United States, FL, Dunedin
Joined Nov 2003
138 Posts
Chinnese Foamy

You're right a High Priced Chinesssse Foamy if its not Chinnese someone in the know say otherwise
Dunedinflyer is online now Find More Posts by Dunedinflyer
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:47 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,025 Posts
Silence the round eye!
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:00 PM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
You're right a High Priced Chinesssse Foamy if its not Chinnese someone in the know say otherwise
It's designed by an American company. Almost everything is manufactured in China, that's a given these days. But that's like saying the iPhone is a Chinese phone.

There is no problem with build quality with Horizon Hobby. The only problem is Spektrum. They are overpriced. I'd even consider buying one of their $300 radios if their receivers weren't $50 and up. It's really the problem that Horizon Hobby is forcing Spektrum and eFlite electronics when you purchase the airframe from them. Anybody else notice the disappearance of ARF models? They are slowly being phased out.

And just wait until everything is on a proprietary board like the AS3X bricks. Good luck when you burn out the ESC on that. That's a $70 brick for a UMX model. Outrageous
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:10 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,460 Posts
Chinese... LOL

What in this hobby is NOT manufactured in China or Taiwan? (Yes there is a cottage industry of profile planes, DLG's and the like made outside of China)

Some old school modelers look at foam planes with disdain. (I have to confess that I'm in that pool and see foam as cheap) It seems that ARF's (from China) get more respect with them. The rise of foam micro's and EDF jets and then larger 1400mm span planes has shown that foam is on the rise for airframes in this hobby. There is market-share for a company to produce product using newer foam technologies. Hey like it or not we live in an instant gratification world where time is the only thing we can't get more of. This plane suits the needs of an audience that wants to run down to the hobby store (if you still have a local one in business. If you do THANK HH's MAP Pricing for that) and buy a plane to fly a few minutes later. Oh and customer service with this plane raised that cost probably more than the development costs.

I'm glad Horizon Hobby is in business and support their higher prices by buying their products at my local hobby store. Do I think the plane is a lot of money? Yes I do. Still on the fence with this plane. I fly 3D with larger balsa planes and the little foam 540QQ without AS3X. I wonder if the added cost of AS3X is worth it for me.
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:06 PM
R.I.P. my 70" FB Slick
Moody, AL
Joined Jan 2006
1,660 Posts
I don't the think this one is overpriced at all. If you put together a name brand EPP plane this size with name brand components you'd spend about the same $299 and you won't have to spend 4-5 hours assembling it.

-Dustin
Wildman777 is offline Find More Posts by Wildman777
Last edited by Wildman777; Jan 23, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:37 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
This whole plane is about the new Receiver. that lets it be setup for different types of flying the plane and its parts i'm sure are cheap enough (I notice they will carry a full line of replacement parts) what gets me is why do you need a receiver to help you fly? Most Computer radios have subtrims and mixing and if setup correct can make a new pilot look pretty god.
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:36 PM
R.I.P. my 70" FB Slick
Moody, AL
Joined Jan 2006
1,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
This whole plane is about the new Receiver. that lets it be setup for different types of flying the plane and its parts i'm sure are cheap enough (I notice they will carry a full line of replacement parts) what gets me is why do you need a receiver to help you fly? Most Computer radios have subtrims and mixing and if setup correct can make a new pilot look pretty god.
It will be interesting to see how it flies with the AS3X turned off. I'm betting that since it was designed by Quique it will fly great either way. Hopefully the AS3X just makes a great flying plane even better in this case.

-Dustin
Wildman777 is offline Find More Posts by Wildman777
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:21 PM
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Jun 2010
94 Posts
I just finally had an opportunity to get in 4 Quick flights at the Park. The Airplane is very locked in when the AS3X is on full. It simply go's where you last pointed it. And it does feel like you're flying a much Larger Airframe. I was not able to turn off AS3X completely but, I Could turn it way down with the defaulted Gear switch and the Airframe still has very nice flight characteristics. She's no 3DHS AJ Slick but really nice for a EPO Foamie. 5 minutes of hard flying brought my 2200mah 3s 40c LiPo's into storage charge. The Plane is super easy to Hover and Knife Edge is effortless. And, I Swear it wants to Harrier Land everytime. I can see where the AS3X Technology will be a benefit to bad-tempered Airplanes Like a Decathlon or Cub that wants to ground loop or a Turbine or War-Turd that Has very little Rudder authority. And of course to help someone master stalled flight. The Plane is of very nice quality and feels strong in your hands for a EPO. If you add up everything the you get for $300.00.... 4 Digital Mini Servos, AR635 Rx, One 2200mah LiPo, a Charger, E-flight 1250kv .10 Motor, E-Flight 40amp ESC and The Airframe itself that assembles in about Hour if you take your time... It is a good deal. Also, I can see all this gear moving into other airframes at a Later date.
Efishensea is offline Find More Posts by Efishensea
Last edited by Efishensea; Jan 24, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:06 PM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,336 Posts
He feels working with a high Kv motor with a propeller as 12 x 4.
Against using low Kv and a 12 x 6

In the videos is heard that the engine is very fast.

Do 3D not be better less RPM?
manuel v is online now Find More Posts by manuel v
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:06 PM
Joined Sep 2006
30 Posts
QQ is a good pilot. He can make a lousy plane look good. I won't pay so much for this piece of foam. The high alpha maneuver in the video can be done on many EF and PA planes. These are balsa and do not come with a specified radio system.
lexin is offline Find More Posts by lexin