HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by ross_badger, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:55 AM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
659 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
Sold
REDUCED - 40N Giant Scale 6s w/flaps, lights & retracts 1700mm EPO - $SOLD shipped

For sale is a HUGE P-40N Giant Scale 6s w/flaps, lights & retracts 1700mm EPO (PNF). Everything is included to fly, with the exception of your own Tx / Rx, and 4000mAh~4500mAh 6s Lipoly Battery.

It is brand new in the box, and I just opened it to check for shipping damage. Woo hoo! There is NO shipping damage! This is the 2nd one that I received, and the 1st one had a slightly bent tail, BUT THIS ONE IS PRISTINE! It is hit or miss with planes like this from China, and this one was packed and handled well.

I lowered the price to $SOLD which includes FedEx ground shipping to the continental US. Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

You can find information about this beast here (note the 5-STAR rating!):

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17693

Additional info:

The P-40 Warhawk saw action in many theatres in WW2, including the Mediterranean, North Africa and the Pacific where it was used as both a fighter and more successfully as a ground attack aircraft. Most famously, the P-40 was used by the Chinese Flying Tiger squadron flown by US pilots, the success of this squadron against the Japanese airforce in China, even against the feared Zero, made them household names around the world.

This P-40 Warhawk is simply huge for a foam model! Being EPO, it is as tough as you would expect but at the same time, the moulded detailing is simply amazing. Despite it's size, this Warhawk should be easy to transport with it's removable 1pc wing and removable tailplane. The plastic moulded part details, like the very scale exhaust stubs, 3 blade prop/spinner, bomb cradle, .50 Cal machine guns, cockpit detail just go on and on and make for a stunning scale model.

The list of working features is equally impressive, pre-fitted split flaps, pre-fitted nagivation lights, superb twist and turn electric retracts that feature sprung legs and large rubber tires which like the retracting tailwheel, are also pre-fitted. The landing gear is linked to a sequencer for the U/C doors for that final scale touch. We have been extensively involved in the development of this stunning P-40N and the end result is a not just a scale model to be proud of but also a superb flying model that looks every bit as good in the air as on the ground. This P-40 is a must for warbird fans and is so easy to fly it is also a great choice for the intermediate pilot looking to move up in scale, as the saying goes "the bigger they are, the better they fly" and they don't fly any better than this beauty!

Specs:
Wingspan: 1700mm
Length: 1500mm
Flying Weight: 3500g
Servo: 7 x 17g servo, 4 x 9g servo
RX Power Supply: 10A UBEC
ESC: 60A OPTO
Brushless Motor: 50-60 Outrunner 250kv
6 Channel (throttle, aileron, elevator, rudder, flaps, retracts)

Features:
Twist n Turn Electric Retracts with Oleo Leg's & Electric Tailwheel
working Undercarriage doors linked to pre-fitted sequencer
Working Navigation Lights
Scale Split Flaps

Requires:
Your Own 6 Channel TX/RX
4000mAh~4500mAh 6s Lipoly Battery
ross_badger is offline Find More Posts by ross_badger
Last edited by ross_badger; Jan 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:24 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,680 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
I've come back & looked at this thing 3-4 times now....want you to know that. If it only had the 'soft' struts I'd have been all over it!

What do you think it'd take to get it changed over to the traditional 'sharkface' scheme? (I'd much prefer!) Is there a decal/sticker set or something in this scale available out there?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:44 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,764 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Callie can make you anything you want.
http://www.callie-graphics.com/index.php
TripleW is online now Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:17 PM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
659 Posts
Here's a couple for the P-40 from Callie. They look pretty nice!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:54 PM
Joined Dec 2012
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Interested in a 90 sized nitro heli trade?
Eeeeky20 is offline Find More Posts by Eeeeky20
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:32 AM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeeky20 View Post
Interested in a 90 sized nitro heli trade?
Thanks for the offer, but no.........my thing is mult-rotor copters now. That is why I am selling this one.....
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:41 AM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2012
154 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Could someone please buy this thing so my temptation meter can come down a bit!.

Good luck with sale....

Paul
Wild Deuce is offline Find More Posts by Wild Deuce
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:06 AM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Deuce View Post
Could someone please buy this thing so my temptation meter can come down a bit!.

Good luck with sale....

Paul

LOL! +1 on the sale!! Please someone buy this so I can make a trip to the FedEx store and get this big box off of my workbench!!

Thanks, Ross
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:27 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,680 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Hmmmm.....trade, eh? I've got a couple of quads, but they're each worth more than your P-40.
(In fact if I'd realized how expensive those darn things can get up to, I'd have never gotten started!)
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:18 PM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Hmmmm.....trade, eh? I've got a couple of quads, but they're each worth more than your P-40.
(In fact if I'd realized how expensive those darn things can get up to, I'd have never gotten started!)
Haha! THAT is the reason that I am selling this one! The wallet needs to be replenished!

Thanks for looking guys! Ross
Closed Thread