HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:22 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anguiac7 View Post
Hmmm. Well, I ordered a new flybar to see what that does. That's really strange. Hopefully that does the trick, though.

I have noticed that my linkages are really tight. The horizontal one that is on the blades seems to rub too tightly against them and doesn't really let the flybar move completely freely. I'm attaching a picture. Did I just re-attatch something wrong? It's hard to tell from the manual. That being said, it's not so tight the the flybar wouldn't move when the blades are spinning...

Thanks for both of your inputs!
I used to have tbe, but then i loosened the flybar & it went away. You want the flybar loose enough so when you flick the bar with your hand it bounces up & down.

Then a week later I got in a bad crash that broke my flybar, ordered a new one & installed it & something in the head seemed to bind. If the linkages seem to rub enough that you feel resistance then your heli will not fly correctly at all. As a temporary fix I ended up only putting one of the linkages inside the little slot for the head & all the resistance went away.

heres a picture http://s616.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=2

You see how one of the linkages has that oval slot inside? try mounting one of them not using the little guide pin
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
In the end what I ended up doing was taking a soldering iron to the plastic to kind of bend it so it sat flush inside the buckle thing & it's been perfect ever since
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
I used to have tbe, but then i loosened the flybar & it went away. You want the flybar loose enough so when you flick the bar with your hand it bounces up & down.

Then a week later I got in a bad crash that broke my flybar, ordered a new one & installed it & something in the head seemed to bind. If the linkages seem to rub enough that you feel resistance then your heli will not fly correctly at all. As a temporary fix I ended up only putting one of the linkages inside the little slot for the head & all the resistance went away.

heres a picture http://s616.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=2

You see how one of the linkages has that oval slot inside? try mounting one of them not using the little guide pin
Quote:
In the end what I ended up doing was taking a soldering iron to the plastic to kind of bend it so it sat flush inside the buckle thing & it's been perfect ever since

That completely solved the TBE! I took an exacto knife and just sort of whittled away the inside of the linkage that goes over the guide pin and it let the flybar move freely again. Thanks so much!

Also, thanks everyone for your input!
anguiac7 is offline Find More Posts by anguiac7
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:21 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Np, glad it worked out for you.

It was weird though because it didn't look damaged at all, But I guess they have to lack quality control somewhere with a heli this cheap
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:03 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Np, glad it worked out for you.

It was weird though because it didn't look damaged at all, But I guess they have to lack quality control somewhere with a heli this cheap
If someone has TBE it is a good start to look for any amount of flash on the new parts that can interfere in the normal movement . A flash is a little amount of plastic exceeding between the 2 halves of a mould or in the site of injection. It must be cut carefully with a sharp knife ( quality control ? ) . There was a great amount of flash on the pivot point of my last spare V911 flybar. I found some flash on the mixing arm too. It works for me.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:43 AM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
V911 TBE solved with a new swashplate

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguiac7 View Post
Hi everyone,
... my problem started today when I went to fly it and it suddenly was impossible to control anymore. I've been flying indoors so there is no wind or anything.

Right now, about 3 seconds after I get into the air it starts flying in an ellipse, while still pointing in the same direction. The ellipse gradually gets larger and larger until I eventually have to bring it down. I've tried to control it but it gets very difficult and it's not at all like it used to be. As far as I know, it wasn't brought on by a collision but I could be wrong....

Thanks for any help!
Andrew
These are exactly the same symptoms I got after a few crashes. Fixes I found on the web may have solved the problems for a while then things deterioted again; increasingly the ellipse not only got larger, the darn thing flew so fast I was afraid it may fall apart. I tried fixes from balancing the fly bar, using only one buckle, split the buckles with a razor to reduce friction (this is one of the worst trick that caused me to lose a set of buckles).

Then came in the mail my new metal swashplate assembly here on ebay:

Equipped with this new mod, my V911 stopped doing the TBE altogether, but I detected a vibration that I thought was abnormal. After flying for a while, something popped and I lost a pin that held one of the buckles and the heli lost control and fell on the ground. I fixed some but more and more parts got lost.

After some careful study of the gadget, I thought the part was most important to the center of rotation was probably the swashplate. So I proceeded to revert back to the original assembly minus the swashplate.

Lo and behold, the heli now, with fresh battery, can hover virtually at a stand still, and extremely controllable, even better than when I first got it.

Now crashes after crashes; though I'm always careful to turn the throttle down to zero before a collision, it held steady. Never once has it done the TBE again since the new metal swashplate. This is the first time ever, after numerous crashes, I felt confident that the stock swashplate was the source of my TBE.

Good luck,
--nick
nghin is offline Find More Posts by nghin
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:05 PM
USA, PA, York
Joined Oct 2007
26 Posts
3-in-1 oil

Just purchased my first V911 and was having the same TBE that most people have. Dismantled the flybar, linkages, and main blades then reassembled, making sure that the flybar screw was not too tight. Nothing seemed to fix the TBE until I added a bit of 3-in-1 oil to the blades where they slide on the shaft. I also added a bit of oil where the flybar connects to the shaft. Still a bit of TBE, but it is 10 times better than before. Hope this solution helps someone else out here.
Eric
ericp1 is offline Find More Posts by ericp1
Last edited by ericp1; Mar 13, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 04:15 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,573 Posts
Had the same issue with my H911 and a flybar change solved it.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Mar 26, 2013, 08:55 PM
AMA 1033652
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
1,297 Posts
There are more than one version of the blades out there guys; there are blades marked A, B, and A1,B1. These fit different revisions of the head, which was modified somewhere towards the end of the CORTER era with thicker pins to reduce breakage.

The older A, B style blades are still being sold all over... (Actually, I think they're still being produced; the molds still exist, so somebody's gonna use 'em until they crumble to dust) but they don't fit the newer heads properly and bind. You need to make sure you get the A1/B1 imprinted blades to eliminate binding on pretty much any V911 made in the last 2 years.

Or, you can do like I did when I got a bunch of the old style blades in as repair parts: sand the pins on the head down so they fit. Sure, it's not as strong; but so far, I still haven't broken any heads. *knocks on wood*

mnem
*Just relieved of his automobile by some dou$#nugget in a Texas Cadillac*
mnemennth is online now Find More Posts by mnemennth
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:44 AM
Joined May 2013
10 Posts
I have a new V911. After the initial change from the Syma s17g I have a GREAT time flying the V911. It goes much higher with better control and stability. I wonder what the altitude record is? Mine has flown to about 8600'. Course I live over 8500'.
To the point Friday, 8/9/13 it flew great. Saturday, 8/10/13 it had a case of TBE. I could fly it with the right stick cranked all the way to the left, so I wore the batteries down. Skipped 8/11 and 8/12. This morning I charged the batteries in preparation before attempting to fix the problem. Decided to test fly one more time, problem gone. Could these things be haunted?
JimRuppel is offline Find More Posts by JimRuppel
Old Aug 13, 2013, 09:29 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,573 Posts
TBE is almost always caused by something that is out of shape/bent and/or something that's binding. Make sure the flybar can move loosely and that none of the links have the ball sticking all the way through.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor