HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:06 PM
What Goes Up Must Come Down
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
475 Posts
Help!
Mini Sky Surfer Build

Hi all this is my first post and I am a real newbie. I'm in the process of building a Mini Sky Surfer. My problem is with the provided receiver. There is no description of the pin out....what plugs into which set of pins. Does it make a difference or can someone tell me based on the pic I took which set of pins the speed controller and servos plug in. Thanks in advance for any help.

PRNDL is offline Find More Posts by PRNDL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:14 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,787 Posts
Can you post which Mini Sky Surfer you have, as a search on the web came up with a few different suppliers, and different receivers.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:36 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
475 Posts
Yes its the 4 CH BlitzRCWorks Mini Sky Surfer RC Trainer Airplane RTF

http://www.bananahobby.com/mini-sky-...1806-prd1.html
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:49 AM
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,151 Posts
This is the rx that is suppose to come with the plane

mcnowhere is offline Find More Posts by mcnowhere
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:58 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
475 Posts
Thanks, I just found that on BH's website...guess I'll be giving them a call Monday.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:07 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,787 Posts
I would recommend contacting the supplier, (Banana Hobby ?), and ask for information on that receiver.

If it is Banana Hobby, they do have a 'Vendors' forum here on RCGroups - http://www.rcgroups.com/banana-hobby-560/

You may also find other helpful threads there regarding the Sky Surfer.

Also, does the transmitter have a name and number ?
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:33 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
475 Posts
No name...it has printed on it RX-CH4-V2.0. Beneath that it looks like 2011 obscured number/letter.24
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:41 AM
United States, MN, Cottage Grove
Joined Feb 2005
160 Posts
Pretty funny - I purchased an FMS A-1 SkyRaider 750mm in the RTF format. It came with this exact same receiver. I was trying to find out which radios might be compatible with it because the one that came with the plane does not have any expo or dual rates settings on it.

Anyway, the receiver just has a sticker on it that shows the channels and the model number on the receiver says FR-4.

The sticker on mine indicates that the three pins at the top of your picture (nearest to the minus sign in marker) is channel 1 and so on down to channel 4 where your plus sign in marker is.

As far as the pins go, the ones closest to the edge (furthest from the antenna) are negative, the ones in the middle of each channel are positive, and the ones closest to the white line on your circuit board are for signal. So your plugs should all have the black or darkest color wire towards the edge of the rx (furthest from the antenna).

How coincidental that I would be looking for info regarding the exact same rx on almost the same day as you... Correction... apparently this post is a year old. I'm sure you have found your answer by now - or at least have a different rx in your plane...

Here are some pics of mine - mine has the 90 degree bent pins... hope that helps
notny41 is offline Find More Posts by notny41