HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:40 PM
hjukhjuk
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,066 Posts
Alert
Customs Sending Back Lipo Shipments

As many you probably know, most of shipping carriers that hobbyking uses no longer accept lipo or life batteries except for swiss post. Now, this last option is not safe for batteries anymore. Me and other people on here have gotten an email from hobbyking telling us that are package was sent back to the warehouse by customs. All of these cases seem to involve lipo batteries and customs are probably opening packages that come from swiss post looking for them.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:18 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Yikes.. Should be interesting to see where it goes from here. I hope this means they will stock their full line in the US warehouse.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:23 AM
United States, PA, Archbald
Joined Oct 2002
275 Posts
Add me to the list of a order containing lipos sent back by customs. I asked them if they will remove the lipos and give me credit for them then resend the order. We will see what happens.

Bob
bob swika is offline Find More Posts by bob swika
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:38 PM
Push limits and rebuild
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jan 2012
102 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Will Ups ship lipos. I asked them if i could pay the difference for ups shipping to the US.
tymbo is offline Find More Posts by tymbo
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:35 AM
Joined Oct 2002
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob swika View Post
Add me to the list of a order containing lipos sent back by customs. I asked them if they will remove the lipos and give me credit for them then resend the order. We will see what happens.

Bob
They now told me that they can not remove the lipos since the order is already packaged. I was told that they would refund me and I could reorder. They said I should have my refund by tomorrow, I'll believe it when I see it. I would like to get this over with without having to file a paypal dispute.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:28 PM
hjukhjuk
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,066 Posts
I was also about to use a paypal dispute, but hobbyking actually refunded me without wasting too much time.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:56 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
guys, if you only order from the US warehouse you`ll avoid all that,,,I think batteries are one of their biggest movers and they have a ton in stock.. you gotta make sure you look at the flag icon when you order..
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:58 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,567 Posts
thanks for the headsup on this !! gonna hold off myself from ordering batts from them.

hopefully like 3d astronaut said, the US warehouse will stock up
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:09 PM
hjukhjuk
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjag View Post
guys, if you only order from the US warehouse you`ll avoid all that,,,I think batteries are one of their biggest movers and they have a ton in stock.. you gotta make sure you look at the flag icon when you order..
The Hobbyking Life batteries for the 9x aren't available from the US warehouse.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:19 AM
Joined Oct 2002
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjag View Post
I usually do and should have know better but the batteries I needed were out of stock. I won't make that mistake again.

So, when I checked my account this morning there was no credit applied. I opened up another chat session with Hobby King, by the time it was over my credit was applied. The CS agent said she was going to do it now and after she finished she asked me to check my account. Sure enough it was there.

I will be even more careful in the future that I only order batteries from the USA warehouse.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:11 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
736 Posts
Oh great! I was about to place a battery order from the China warehouse since the USA warehouse is out of the batteries I need. Guess I won't be placing that order!

I still don't understand why the US warehouse doesn't stock the 2S UMX batteries that are so popular. Out of 4 different batteries I need only 1 is in stock. Guess I'll play the waiting game.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
Oh great! I was about to place a battery order from the China warehouse since the USA warehouse is out of the batteries I need. Guess I won't be placing that order!

I still don't understand why the US warehouse doesn't stock the 2S UMX batteries that are so popular. Out of 4 different batteries I need only 1 is in stock. Guess I'll play the waiting game.
There are other US vendors with good Lipo's at reasonable prices and their CS far exceeds HK.
Shop around you may be plesantly surprised.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:05 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Like who?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:51 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Like who?
You can walk to your LHS and buy it. Pay like 1000'x more for it, but heck, it isn't HK, so life is good.

anyways, joking aside, selection is no where near HK; but I have been able to get Lipos from

http://www.chinahobbyline.com/
http://www.haiyinstore.com
and of course, hobbypartz.com (gens ace)
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:51 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,797 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much lads as HK have said in a thread on here that they will carry the same stock in there local warehouses as they do in the international one,ok we all know this will take some time but at least we know HK are heading in the right direction,so you will be able to by any of the HK batteries in your local warehouse in the future.

The UK warehouse has only been open a couple of months now and there stock level has shot up,so life's good at the moment for this HK shopper.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz