Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:18 AM
gettin' there
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Discussion
Noob Help - Installing an outrunner on HT-FPV

Hi all,

I've been trawling youtube and forums to get an understanding of how to install an outrunner on a HT-FPV (actually a clone: spacewalk 550).

I'm noob enough to be surprised that it seems the big part of the motor spins (very different from my RC cars!).

So I have attached two photos. The first is how I think it should go together. The second includes some parts (at the bottom) that I am not sure where they belong.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. How do I install an outrunner on the HT-FPV frame?
wepoo is offline Find More Posts by wepoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:07 PM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,703 Posts
Hello,
Yes that is the correct setup. As far as the parts on the bottom:
1)The black circles are prop adapters incase the prop hole is too big for your shaft.
2)The other piece is another prop adapter.
3)The black X is a motor mount. This is usually used for airplanes mounting to a firewall. You won't need it on this frame.

THe three wires coming from the motor go to your ESC. If your motor spins backwards, swap 2 of the 3 wires. DO NOT swap the red and black from the ESC to the Battery. Swap the wires from ESC to Motor.

hope that helps.
2dogrc
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:32 PM
gettin' there
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Excellent. Thank you very much!
wepoo is offline Find More Posts by wepoo