SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:23 PM
Joined Jun 2012
10 Posts
Discussion
1700mm FMS P-47 connection for external BEC.

I'm not sure about the connection for the external BEC. It's wired into ESC, and has a red/black receiver type connector. Do I plug this connector to my receiver? And if so do I have to disconnect the red wire from the ESC throttle connector? My receiver is a 6 channel spektrum,and has a bind/data port available. Would this be where I plug the BEC into? Thanks for any help.
jonnystevens is offline Find More Posts by jonnystevens
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:23 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnystevens View Post
I'm not sure about the connection for the external BEC. It's wired into ESC, and has a red/black receiver type connector. Do I plug this connector to my receiver? And if so do I have to disconnect the red wire from the ESC throttle connector? My receiver is a 6 channel spektrum,and has a bind/data port available. Would this be where I plug the BEC into? Thanks for any help.
Yes you have to take the red wire out , you need to use a Y connector and plug the esc into one and the BEC into the other and plug it into the throttle on your receiver. You also can Y it into other servos as well
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Jun 2012
10 Posts
Thanks for the help.
jonnystevens is offline Find More Posts by jonnystevens
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:06 PM
United States, IL, Cypress
Joined Sep 2013
31 Posts
Wait whoaaa if he is using a spectrum well anyway if you have a open bind/data port you just plug into that
benjack71 is offline Find More Posts by benjack71
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:38 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjack71 View Post
Wait whoaaa if he is using a spectrum well anyway if you have a open bind/data port you just plug into that
I dont think you can do that. Your going to send it into bind mode
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Sep 10, 2013, 04:06 PM
Joined Sep 2013
31 Posts
No, he wont, trust me that's how I set up mine. You have two options, you can either do the y connector, strip wire, etc. etc. or you can plug into your bind/data port. Remember all you are doing is using a separate power source for you control surfaces in case of an ESC failure you can still have "dead stick" control of ailerons, rudder, elevator and gear. Setting it up like I described is also called OPTO. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410470. There is a good explanation of what I am talking about here.To send it into bind mode you would have to jumper a loop onto the port and also hit your bind key at the same time. You will not bind doing that because you are not using a "looped" jumper, aka a bind key and hopefully your not hitting your bind key, which if you did, would not bind anything because you are not using your bind key.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 04:20 PM
United States, AZ, Cave Creek
Joined Jul 2012
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
I dont think you can do that. Your going to send it into bind mode
I use spectrum and mine is plugged in the bind/data port and it works just fine. And I didn't pull out the red wire for the ESC.
Mustang Racer 9 is offline Find More Posts by Mustang Racer 9
Old Sep 10, 2013, 04:30 PM
Joined Sep 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Racer 9 View Post
I use spectrum and mine is plugged in the bind/data port and it works just fine. And I didn't pull out the red wire for the ESC.
Exactly. You do not want to remove any wires for that. You did it exactly right. This is a true OPTO connection. In order for it to bind you must use a bind key which is a loop. You can power through any channel on your receiver. I have powered through aileron,aux,elevator in order to bind before. What you are doing is using your bind/data as the power port to your receiver, and creating a circuit that is independent of your ESC in case of power failure to your ESC/Motor.