HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:01 PM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone T28 or F4U-1A Corsair?

For a 2nd plane, which would be better T28 or F4U-1A Corsair? On the Phoenix sim, I'm pretty comfortable flying both.

Thanks

Greg
hyp05fxdl is offline Find More Posts by hyp05fxdl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:21 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2011
138 Posts
they both good

if you are buying it new, then get the new f4u-1a, you can upgrade the flaps and retract in the future and it come with a better motor

if you are getting the used one, then get the one you like
IceRain29 is offline Find More Posts by IceRain29
Last edited by IceRain29; Jan 12, 2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:28 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
If you trained on a tricycle plane than IMHO, try the Corsair to learn to handle a tail dragger for taxi and take off. Then you will be ready to fly any warbird and move on ward to bigger or more expansive models.

Both T-28 and corsair handle similarly in the air. If you already are familiar with a tail dragger trainer, than base your decision on which one looks more appealing to you. Corsair being a recent model will be more refined in design and extra cool factor if you install retracts.
turbinefancy is offline Find More Posts by turbinefancy
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:57 AM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
Thanks, I have a Stinson, so the better question would be having heard good things about the T28 being easy to fly, is the Corsair that much harder to fly?
hyp05fxdl is offline Find More Posts by hyp05fxdl
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:20 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
If you trained on the stinson, both Corsair and T-28 should be easy for you. They are just more maneuverable for aerobatcs. Corsair is bigger bang for the buck. Bigger motor, newer design, flaps and retracts for upgrade. T-28 has same power system as the Stinson, I think and feels a bit dated compared to new offerings like Flyzone's Millenium Master. It's a hot rod, pattern, and scale plane, all in one.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:56 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp05fxdl View Post
Thanks, I have a Stinson, so the better question would be having heard good things about the T28 being easy to fly, is the Corsair that much harder to fly?
Hi hyp,

Difficult to make recommendations without more info ...

How long have ypu been flying fixed wing rc ? ..... and / or approx how may successful fights on your Stinson ?

Are you making safe, successful landings .... say, 9 times out of 10 ?

Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:02 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,218 Posts
t28
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:21 PM
wishing for Tomcat...
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Actually, for best value, consider the E-flite Hawker Hurricane. I can't believe its priced cheaper than the Corsair and only $10 more than the T-28. Hurricane is in a whole different (higher) class, considering the size, electronics and performance. Also the scale flaps are already installed. Just need to shell out a bit more for bigger bats.

But if you can not make nice landings 10/10 times. Don't get the Hurricane.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:57 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,694 Posts
Hello Hyp,

The PZ T-28 is generally considered to be the very best second plane that youo can buy. However, the assumption in that statement is thatt he first plane was a 3 channel trainer (like the HZ SuperCub) and that the T-28 will be the first attempts at aileron flying.

The fact that you already know how to fly with ailerons (flying the Stinson), you really don't need an aileron trainer. Therefore, the question of whether to get the T-28 or the new Corsair comes down to which one appeals to you more. The T-28 will be more responsive than the Stinson, yet easier to fly as well. The new Corsair can fly significantly faster and is a lot more maneuverable than the Stinson, but shouldn't be much more difficult for you to learn.
Leo L is online now Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Apr 07, 2013, 02:41 AM
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Apr 2011
39 Posts
Parkzone Corsair vs Parkzone Spitfire

The landing gear breaking or difficult to deploy is an issue on the new Parkzone Corsair and the flaps are somewhat flimsy. I have both the Parkzone F4U-1A and the Parkzone Spitfire and I much prefer the Spitfire. It does not have flaps, but the landing gear works well. I use a bit of flaperon to slower the landings. The Spitfire flies very well and seems to me to be a better option than the new Corsair. On the spitfire I use the propellor from the PKZ Extra 300. I have also read great reveiws on the Parkzone P-47. I would go for it before the Corsair.

Have a great day
Creative RC is offline Find More Posts by Creative RC
Last edited by Creative RC; Apr 07, 2013 at 02:49 AM.