HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by TheFernMan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:50 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,001 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Sold
FLASHED HobbyKing 12A BlueSeries ESCs with latest SimonK with bootloader enabled

8x HobbyKing 12A BlueSeries @ $15 each
4x HobbyKing 12A BlueSeries @ $15 each

"Standard ESCs are actually not designed for multirotor applications. They are programmed to increase and decrease the throttle command towards the motor in a gentle way. The reason for this is quite obvious. Imagine a motor accelerating and decelerating so abruptly in a helicopter or car... it would damage the gears and reductions in no time. In a multirotor application, we really want just the opposite. The goal is to change the motor speed, and thus the thrust, as fast as possible to achieve a perfectly stable platform.

While the current ESCs used in most multrotor applications work considerably well, there is a lot of room for improvement. Using the same ESC, but loading it with dedicated optimized software, will increase the handling and stability of your multirotor greatly.

We call this RapidESC: converting your regular lazy ESC into a high speed capable speed controller at no extra cost, ready for multirotor applications."

These contain the hardware to be one of the best types of ESCs for the SimonK firmware.
  • All N-Fets
  • External Oscillator

All N-Fet:
"The ESCs which use only N-channel FETs have the advantage of lower resistance, less losses and hence more efficiency."*

External Oscillator:
"An external oscillator may supply a more consistent timing signal and steadier motor speeds" "but the internal rc oscillator ones will drift quite a bit based on temperature."*

HobbyKing 12A BlueSeries Tested and flashed with the latest SimonK with bootloader enabled so you can flash them in the future thought the servo cable with the USB linker from HobbyKing. I cut a little flap out and use clear tape to cover the opening. You can barely tell.

Selling them for $15 each ESC plus shipping US shipping only.

If you're interested send me a PM so I get proper shipping with your address. I'll be doing USPS shipping. It's $6.

Any question feel free to ask.

References:
What is RapidEsc (Simonk firmware)
All N-Fet Design
External Oscillators
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Last edited by TheFernMan; Jan 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:38 AM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,607 Posts
Trader Rating: 73
these esc's work great. I have them on my F330 quad with cobra motors and carbon fiber props and i get 12 minutes on a 1350mah battery and over 20 minutes with a 2250mah battery. with the simonk flashed esc's the little quad is almost completely silent. i get a little prop noise but the wining from the motors is almost non existant.

Highly recomend these esc's and if you have some cobra motors or scorpion motors to make your bird super efficient.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:43 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,001 Posts
Thanks for the post. Should help people decide. These are great little ESCs.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:42 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,001 Posts
For reference

Clear heat shrink HobbyKing F-30A on Top

HobbyKing BlueSeries 12A on bottom.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358048407.923467.jpg
Views: 151
Size: 49.7 KB
Description:
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:32 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,001 Posts
and we're done, Thanks everyone! Keep an eye out for some F-30As coming in the Classified Section!
Closed Thread