This thread is privately moderated by alwaysconfused, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 11, 2013, 07:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Maybe it is the flu but...

Why is it so hard to get something that is already matched and ready to fly so damn hard to get to fly?
I bought a unit that should be ready to fly after being put together. I see it now all the time. Videos of people buying something, put it together and whamo... its doing magical things.
Liars. Everyone of them. They aren't telling you of the hours of work tweeking it. The hours researching and forums hoping to find someone that can help them with the multitudes of problems that always seem to happen from the start to the end of a build.
This hobby is obviously full of people that either are professional builders and programmers and have the exact matching everything for something to work right.
Maybe that's why a pre-assembled and radioed unit is so expensive.

It cost almost 1200 for a box of parts from a well known multicoptor maker. They are "matched" and paired and ready to fly. Just drop in a receiver and go. LIES!
LIES!
Drop in a receiver, pull hair out
cuse at everything in a 50 mile radius
reset
rebind
remove eyeballs
reset
reprogram
contact the "gurus"
get info
info doesnt work
curse
spit
program
reprogram
charge batteries for the 96.5th time

Im nearly finished with this hobby

(update to build attempt #3)
Ok.. DJI F550 all built and connected.
Got the whole kit so I wouldn't be using anything but DJI rated stuff.
i am running the 2.02 rev on the FC (came with it)
So it's NAZA controller
DJI GPS
6 DJI motors and ESC's
Everything is soldered tight and clean.

The TX is the flysky th9X
The receiver is the FS-R8B
I plugged in everything I needed (that means the usual 4 lines in and the one for the switch)

I followed every thing that was on the downloaded manual to the letter, step by step.

My issues are:
(in no particular order)
None of the switches are being seen by the software so they are not being set for any thing. They dont show up.
I have to set the throttle to lower right and right stick to upper right to arm it.
I throttle up and it starts to lift and drift.
Then as I throttle up it takes time and it slowly ramps up and if I dont hold onto it it wants to ramp up rpms.

What am I doing wrong/not doing?
Why is this acting this way?
I calibrated the TX more times that my ex went shoe shopping.
Is the flysky not a good system for the NAZA? What about the Hitec Eclipse 7 PRO? Is that better? (I have one already)

All TX's and RX's are brand new. (I fly planes as well and have a new build that was getting the new Hitec)

Some one help me before I give this pile of parts the boot!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2013, 10:22 PM
yes that would be frustrating
Jan 12, 2013, 11:17 PM
FB Group: We Fly RC's
The NAZA manual is not written well at all. In its attempt to be very detailed, it went over the edge.
I share your pain......I have the F450, NAZA and GPS. Once I opened the box and assembled the F450, easy as pie, hooked up the NAZA, again, easy as pie and the GPS, again, easy as pie I panicked at the programing issue. Panicked to the point that like you, frustration took over. I called my dealer. His reponse: Don't worry, be happy. Bring it down tomorrow morning with your laptop and we'll walk you through it. I did, he did and although I had real reservations and had the dealers assurance that it will fly just fine, I stuck a battery in it in a wide open space and it flew not just perfect, but amazing. No hickups.
I suggest you contact your dealer for setup help or point you to someone who already has one that can help. Makes everything come together in a positive manner.
Jan 14, 2013, 02:03 PM
Thread OP
After many hours (almost 96 straight) I have it. The dealer was just that. But with the help of the many folks here and some encouragement I got her flying. It isn't at the point I see so many others but it is in the air and not shooting off in one adventure or the other with out me.'
And if there is any one that reads this let me tell you. RTF doesn't mean RTF...It means you get all the stuff and you have to do the real work of tunning and tweeking until it works. They just send you a box of parts and a wish of good luck!

So...if you have some patience and the will to lket others guide you this is and can be a great hobby. If you think it will fly perfect as soon as you add a battery...this isn't for you. Buy a premade until you are ready to do some hard work.

Quick Reply