Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:58 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jan 2006
28 Posts
Discussion
Helicopter help needed in Lawrenceville near GGC

I am a professor at GGC (Georgia Gwinnett College). I have driven R/C cars with my kids, flown R/C airplanes, and tried to fly R/C helicopters. Right now I have a 500 scale brushless helicopter (I forget the brand, but I am told it is one of the better non-align helicopters.) It has align swash servos and motor, futaba 401 gyro and futaba digital tail servo, and cheap generic ESC. I thought I had everything right but when the main blades spin up it never develops positive lift. I am using a turnigy 9x Rx/Tx, but I could switch to an Eclipse 7 if necessary (would need to get an rx).

I'm hoping someone local will be willing to help me out face to face. Thanks in advance!

-Ted Forringer
4nger is offline Find More Posts by 4nger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:06 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,745 Posts
Here you go Ted. Grandpa Tony's handle is "annarelli" and I swear he lives withing throwing distance of you. He just posted today in the slow stick for sale thread. In any case, he might be able to help you as I said.

- Russ
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:46 AM
Just Another Heli Nut
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Dec 2007
377 Posts
Ted --

Your timing is almost perfect... there's a monthly gathering of heli guys and tomorrow (Sunday 1/13) is the next gathering... we're trying out a new park - Chattahoochee Point Park off of Old Altanta Road.

http://goo.gl/maps/Xg4SE
roybob is offline Find More Posts by roybob
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:45 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jan 2006
28 Posts
I'll plan to come to the park and see you guys. Thanks.
4nger is offline Find More Posts by 4nger
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:28 PM
United States, GA, Peachtree City
Joined May 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roybob View Post
Ted --

Your timing is almost perfect... there's a monthly gathering of heli guys and tomorrow (Sunday 1/13) is the next gathering... we're trying out a new park - Chattahoochee Point Park off of Old Altanta Road.

http://goo.gl/maps/Xg4SE
Hey, I have a couple 450s. Where can I find out more about this monthly gathering of Heli guys?
Spinnerdog is offline Find More Posts by Spinnerdog
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:32 PM
Grampa Tony
Lawrenceville, GA - Northeast Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
1,486 Posts
SpinDawg,
Where do you live? Your info says Peachtree City. We're on the north side of Atlanta. That might be further than you want to drive. On the other hand, show up and you're gonna get all the help you need.

Grampa Tony
annarelli is offline Find More Posts by annarelli
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:57 PM
Joined May 2012
315 Posts
GP Tony,

I'm in ptc and don't mind driving up. But I need to know when you guys gather. I think where is posted above, it hasn't moved has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annarelli View Post
SpinDawg,
Where do you live? Your info says Peachtree City. We're on the north side of Atlanta. That might be further than you want to drive. On the other hand, show up and you're gonna get all the help you need.

Grampa Tony
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:53 PM
Grampa Tony
Lawrenceville, GA - Northeast Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
1,486 Posts
There's a Yahoo! group that has the latest info. I know you need to join the group in order to post, but you might not need to be a member in order to read. The group is "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atl_heli_RC/". It's largely driven by Robert at Hobby Town Duluth. I haven't been a regular lately, but with the move to the new location that'll probably change. Everyone's welcome, everyone's willing to help, and in my opinion Robert the best heli mechanic around Of course everyone wants a piece of his time, so keep that in mind.

Grampa Tony
annarelli is offline Find More Posts by annarelli
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:03 PM
Joined May 2012
315 Posts
Thanks. Looking at the site now.