HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Newbie question

Okay guys, sorry for the newbie question but....I am looking at wanting to buy a transmitter. When I have been looking I keep seeing where it says with or without a module. My question is what is a module and what does it do. Thanks guys.
miracleon06 is offline Find More Posts by miracleon06
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2007
1,961 Posts
The transmitter is the radio in your hand. The receiver is the little device inside the plane that talks to your transmitter.

Im guessing the module is another term for the receiver.
wopachop is offline Find More Posts by wopachop
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:06 PM
Registered User
Jim Buzzeo's Avatar
Willmar, Minnesota, United States
Joined Sep 2004
160 Posts
the module is the Transmitter part that says 'Spektrum' or 'Futaba' or 'Spectra' or 'AnyLink' .. etc.
it's the modulation type for the particular radio brand.
I realized the other day there is a pretty good thread on the subject of your fist transmitter... when you're in a decent spot for a little reading (it's not too technical)

good luck! LOTS of info to digest
Jim Buzzeo is offline Find More Posts by Jim Buzzeo
Last edited by Jim Buzzeo; Jan 11, 2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Bixler Prop question (newbie!) MadridFlyer Parkflyers 9 Apr 24, 2012 09:05 PM
Discussion Newbie controller question R0yalty Electric Plane Talk 71 Apr 05, 2012 03:37 PM
Discussion Newbie with a few questions kev308 Simulators 23 Mar 08, 2012 02:05 PM
Discussion Another newby question stevolution Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 12 Mar 04, 2012 01:27 PM
Help! Newbie to AP - Question Kevlar Aerial Photography 2 Mar 03, 2012 07:58 AM