HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:25 AM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Don't know if you're still in the market for this (kinda forgot about this thread ) but I got everything from Lowe's. If you don't have one of those where you live, you should be able to find it from Home Depot. It is the Gladiator system and the strip simply screws into the wall. They can be easily cut to whatever length you need. The hooks... well... hook into the channels built into the strips and are very secure.
Just realized that one in the center was a 500, man that scale fuselage really dwarfs the naked 500!!! Have you considered beefing the power and putting 550 blades on there?
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:58 AM
Joined Apr 2012
96 Posts
Slatwall

For those of you that have a "man cave" or "guy garage" and don't like that 1970s Peg Board look. Check out SLATWALL. We've all seen it but probably never realized that it had a name. Almost any retail store in a mall uses it because its clean, super strong and has unlimited possibilities. I don't think you will find it locally but the websites that sell it usually deliver.

You can use hooks from 1" to 12", shelves, baskets, racks. Plexiglass or coated metal. It's cool stuff for those who like to take things to the next level.

Paul

http://www.storesupply.com/c-710-slatwall.aspx?_s_ref=lON9027sS&kw=[slatwall]&creative=7440541026&gclid=CIPFnPC527UCFckx4AodgCY AIw
PCaola is offline Find More Posts by PCaola
Old Mar 01, 2013, 07:19 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhebbel View Post
Just realized that one in the center was a 500, man that scale fuselage really dwarfs the naked 500!!! Have you considered beefing the power and putting 550 blades on there?
Yeah I realized that when I got that other 500; I was like jeeeez that fuselage is big! Actually I haven't thought about upgrading the power... it's the stock Align motor that comes with the 500 ESP and since it's running on 6s, it has plenty of power/lift despite the weight. It's actually pretty heavy and I have the cyclic and pitch turned way down. I reduced the gear ratio also if I remember correctly.

My friend Chuck had teased me about the white blades on the Blackhawk, stating something about how the Taliban could down it with a rock because the blades were so bright. I bought a set of inexpensive black CF blades but they were SO SENSITIVE that no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of the twitchiness. So I took 'em off and threw 'em in my spares pile.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Yeah I realized that when I got that other 500; I was like jeeeez that fuselage is big! Actually I haven't thought about upgrading the power... it's the stock Align motor that comes with the 500 ESP and since it's running on 6s, it has plenty of power/lift despite the weight. It's actually pretty heavy and I have the cyclic and pitch turned way down. I reduced the gear ratio also if I remember correctly.

My friend Chuck had teased me about the white blades on the Blackhawk, stating something about how the Taliban could down it with a rock because the blades were so bright. I bought a set of inexpensive black CF blades but they were SO SENSITIVE that no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of the twitchiness. So I took 'em off and threw 'em in my spares pile.
Yea jumping blade sizes that much requires going setup all over again, when i redid my scale setup i went from 7deg pitch to 5deg pitch which is pretty significant. If your lucky enough to have programmable servos thats a great way to go too.

Also using proper blades for scale apps is great too as they are designed with less airfoil:
http://www.robanmodel.com/web/index....ades&Itemid=97
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:45 PM
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Mar 2011
43 Posts
I share my office with my helis and other RCs
Treg is offline Find More Posts by Treg
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:24 AM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
910 Posts
Check out these innovative skid clips specifically designed for helis at www.randomheli.com
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:56 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin View Post
Check out these innovative skid clips specifically designed for helis at www.randomheli.com
Now that is an awesome find! Pricey though... For 2 sets (each set comes with 2 and I wouldent trust just 2 for my helies) the total comes to $33.44!!!!! for just 1 heli!!!
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:55 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Who here doesn't have broken/damaged blades? Just drill afew holes attach to wall and hang heli by skids simple and cheap!
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Who here doesn't have broken/damaged blades? Just drill afew holes attach to wall and hang heli by skids simple and cheap!
rather not have to drill/undrill my heli from the wall before and after each use lol, if I wanted to do that id just use pipe clamps lol.