HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:11 AM
United States, IN, Kouts
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Discussion
How do you store/display your copters ?

Last year my wife restricted me to just one room in our house for my "nerdy planes". Well like most enthusiast I have just about outgrown my room. Planes are all either hung, or stored on a PVC rack I built. My 450 size copters seem to be an issue. Would love to hang them on a wall, how do you store yours ? Got any ideas ?
mskeyspirate is offline Find More Posts by mskeyspirate
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:13 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskeyspirate View Post
Last year my wife restricted me to just one room in our house for my "nerdy planes". Well like most enthusiast I have just about outgrown my room. Planes are all either hung, or stored on a PVC rack I built. My 450 size copters seem to be an issue. Would love to hang them on a wall, how do you store yours ? Got any ideas ?
I use the Gladiator strips you can buy from Lowe's or whatever your local home improvement store may be. Hang that on the wall and buy a few hooks to put in it. Then simply hang the helis from the hooks via the skids. I've had to get creative as far as the hooks are concerned, due to the scale helis, but it works well.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:34 AM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
I use the Gladiator strips you can buy from Lowe's or whatever your local home improvement store may be. Hang that on the wall and buy a few hooks to put in it. Then simply hang the helis from the hooks via the skids. I've had to get creative as far as the hooks are concerned, due to the scale helis, but it works well.
Was thinking peg-beard myself so I could store my basic tools and equipment too but those strips do look clean.
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:45 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhebbel View Post
Was thinking peg-beard myself so I could store my basic tools and equipment too but those strips do look clean.
Yeah I'm really happy with them. The Gladiator strips can be cut to any desiired length and you simply screw them into the wall - studs are best of course but those Cobra mounts work well in drywall. The Gladiator hooks are modifiable too if you don't mind a little cutting with a Dremel wheel. The downside is that the Gladiator system is a little expensive but I think it's worth it.

I'm at work now but can post pics later.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:09 AM
United States, IN, Kouts
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Pics would be a great help Mike...thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Here you go! Let me know if you have questions. It's neat, tidy, and takes up very little room.
That looks really nice!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:18 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhebbel View Post
That looks really nice!
Thanks. It keeps the helis off the floor and actually doesn't take up a whole lot of wall space. Not compared to airplanes that is.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:32 AM
United States, IN, Kouts
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Mike.....that's it !!!. Where did you get the wall system that you started with ? I don't think that I have ever seen anything just like that. Mennards, home depot ? I'll be shopping this afternoon.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:52 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Mike.....that's it !!!. Where did you get the wall system that you started with ? I don't think that I have ever seen anything just like that. Mennards, home depot ? I'll be shopping this afternoon.
I was able to find them on the home depot website, sadly not stocked locally so I had to order.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:04 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
I use 3m command hooks to hang them on the wall, I also have cases for travel. More than once I have bent a shaft of blade by some idiot pulling out infront of me, forcing me to slam on my brakes and sending my helicopters flying.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
I use 3m command hooks to hang them on the wall, I also have cases for travel. More than once I have bent a shaft of blade by some idiot pulling out infront of me, forcing me to slam on my brakes and sending my helicopters flying.
What are the hooks hooking into to hold them up?

Ive got aluminum cases for everything except my 600, im a little disappointed in the lack of a hard case for this bird. Ill probably make my own one day from a SKB case.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Know this is old but I remembered it when I started my next wall to mount my helies. Just used a simple C channel from home depot. works well for all sizes.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:25 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,073 Posts
Quote:
Don't know if you're still in the market for this (kinda forgot about this thread ) but I got everything from Lowe's. If you don't have one of those where you live, you should be able to find it from Home Depot. It is the Gladiator system and the strip simply screws into the wall. They can be easily cut to whatever length you need. The hooks... well... hook into the channels built into the strips and are very secure.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:50 PM
RC Heli Junky
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Feb 2013
82 Posts
this is how i have my 450 displayed.
i have it on display in my office room on top of a glass
case i built on my wall.
also if you look closely you can see 1 of my little heli's
my .50 raptor titian is displayed in my man cave on top of a 60in TV floor unit inside a home built plexi glass display case
kinda like what you see artifacts in at a Musueum

heres an old pic of how my 450 is displayed and the little heli
i dont have a recent pic of my larger heli on display as i bought it after i droped my cam into a puddle of water sucks huh?
countrybo89 is offline Find More Posts by countrybo89