Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:01 PM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
Maybe it needs ailirons for poper control ?

About your 30mmEDF setup how much thrust are you getting out of it on 3s and 4s with the skyangle outrunner ?
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:52 AM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240 View Post
Maybe it needs ailirons for poper control ?

About your 30mmEDF setup how much thrust are you getting out of it on 3s and 4s with the skyangle outrunner ?
hey chester,
havent tried it on 4s yet, but while I was at work today I was thinking ailerons just might be whats needed too, since the attempt was made today using #2 I still have #3 in pristine virgin condition
I'am debating weather to go ahead and try again, or send it off to the wizard of Oz, maybe more power, ailerons, and a gyro will get er go'in
either way I am dead in the water for fly'in till mid next week when my new TX shows up, I'll have to give it a think while waiting
dont really know what the thrust is I havent tried to measure it, I "thought" the thrust was better with the SkyAngels motor...but now I am not sure, had the stock ArtTech motor in it the last time I tried to fly it and seemed to wanna go pretty good, this time with the SkyAngels motor it "seemed" to have more poop but but was actually more sluggish, so I'll kick it around, I know I said I would throw in the towel earlier, but I was feel'in awefull dejected at the time...crashed my plane and trashed my TX all within a half hour

Joe
sloperjoe is offline Find More Posts by sloperjoe
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:15 AM
Guernsey
Joined Jan 2002
1,297 Posts
Hi Joe,

Try a much longer taileron control horn instead of dialling in rates. You'll get much more precision.

Steve
stegla is offline Find More Posts by stegla
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:14 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Tough day Joe, but I'm sure you'll have that baby flyin in no time! Keep at it, you'll win! Good luck. W
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:57 PM
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
I think ailirons are your best bet ive added them to my F22 and the difrents was night to day ive also adding them to the 2nd F-15 im building.

I know how you feel ive wrecked 4 plans in a day and and spent the entire weekend fixing them, it got old fast!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:37 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,194 Posts
Keep at it Joe. Sounded like one seriously bad day.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:12 AM
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
new TX on the way, should be here by Tuesday, .....uuuuhhhh...this weekends weather is going to be in the upper 50's and sunny, with lite to no breezes....that figures

Joe
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:35 PM
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
What type of TX?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240 View Post
What type of TX?
for the past year and a half I've been using the FlySky CT-6B, really liked it, only drawback was you need to connect to a computer to change any settings, the new one is the FlySky FS-T6, its the "upgrade" version of the same TX, uses the same RX's that I currently have, and everything is programmable on the TX via an LCD screen and menus. read a few reviews on it, its a fairly "new" version from FlySky, I have read the initial version that came out had a few annoying quirks, but the latest version available now has the "bugs" wrung out...only found a few really recent reviews and all have been glowing at least it should fill my needs just fine. HobbyPartz.com carries them, but they are "sold out" currently, so I got mine from a California based dealer through e-Bay

here is the link I got it from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Seller-Fl...item2325bc89d7

and the HobbyPartz link:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-t6-6ch-radio-lcd.html

and one of the reviews I found from here on RCG:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=fs+t6

so I'll check it out and post my opinion on it, never had any problems with my CT-6B....till I dropped it....so I'am sure this one should be fine. some people may poo-poo FlySky, some love 'em....I happen to be in the love 'em category, they are cheap, reliable, and the 6ch RX's are nice and small and lite weight, and are full range capable...never had any signal loss issues, or glitchs

Joe
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
I've had my new TX long enough to say I have a keeper, I have read that when this unit first came out and was carried by HobbyPartz allot of people bought one...only to find it had programming issues, range issues, settings re-setting themselves issues, and total memory loss/re-setting to factory settings issues...none of these are present in my unit. I have also read that the newer units now have a different chip on the board, when I click on "Firmware Version" mine says "Firmware Version 2.00 Nov 2012" which is as far as I know the most recent version. I set up eight of the memory slots with different settings and have spent about 4-5 hours a day since getting it to see if it had any issues, actually tried to get it to loose memories...to no avail
I have range checked it, flown it in a micro set up with tailerons and my 50mm F-86, all went perfectly, love this radio, it is a snap to program, and has very smooth stick movement, no flight timer though...but I can live with that.
all in all I am extremely impressed with this unit and if by chance any issues pop up I will note them, but so far I cant find any.
do I recommend buying one....? I do not know how many sellers out there who may be sitting on a pile of the early version units, I also cant say if my unit is a "happy mistake", this is a relatively new offering by FlySky and it has had its "bug" issues, I bought it in all fairness knowing that even if it did have memory issues that I would keep it, because 90% of my jets are set up identically and it can be programmed in a matter of one minute, the issues reported have never been memory loss while in use, issues occurred after turning the unit off, then when turned back on everything would be "factory" again, that being said I LOVE MINE and couldnt be happier

Joe

ps, been so busy playing with the new TX I havent done anything with Harrier #3 yet, I will resume working on it today though
Old Jan 20, 2014, 05:11 AM
Farnham Common, UK
Joined Oct 2009
227 Posts
Tailerons

Hi Sloperjoe

I'm building an Aerographics Hawker Hunter, my first plane for 55 years! - build log on this forum. Looking for advice on how and where to fit the servos for aileron and elevator control, Bare suggested your taileron approach. If you could let me have some detail on how the system works, I would be very grateful .

I enjoyed your video clips of the Harrier in flight. I shudder to think what will happen to my balsa frame and sheet model when I pile it into the ground .

Cheers!

JeremyBB
JeremyBB is offline Find More Posts by JeremyBB