SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:55 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
Kevin-- What region are you in? That's crazy weather.
I live in west Tennessee...Here's a pic of what the flood looked like---The pic was taken last spring but it did the same thing over the weekend...And here's a pic of the sunset I took moments ago---About time we saw the sun...First time in a week!!!...Last night we had 1/2" of ice coat everything but the roads...Bridges/overpasses froze over as well aas they are exposed to the freezing air---But the warm temps from last week saved us from having bad roads...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:07 AM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
I know, and 116 forecast for today.... I think most of us will hide indoors if we can.
ohhhh man....I was in Sacramento once when it was that hot....I could hardy stand to breath the air, was like pointing a hot blowdryer in your face and breathing it in...couldnt get outa that State quick enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I live in west Tennessee...Here's a pic of what the flood looked like---The pic was taken last spring but it did the same thing over the weekend...And here's a pic of the sunset I took moments ago---About time we saw the sun...First time in a week!!!...Last night we had 1/2" of ice coat everything but the roads...Bridges/overpasses froze over as well aas they are exposed to the freezing air---But the warm temps from last week saved us from having bad roads...

Kevin
wow! looks like you could almost take a boat to the grocery store, beauty sunset though

well, version #2 ready for the "make it go stuff". the incedence on the tailplain looks much better this time around, the vertacle looks better too with 2 layers. I will probably step out in the backyard tomorrow and give her a couple tosses and make certain of my CG location before installing anything, but so far I think this one should do the trick

Joe
sloperjoe is offline Find More Posts by sloperjoe
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:08 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Another fast build Joe! Well done.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:42 AM
Indonesia, East Borneo, Balikpapan
Joined Nov 2011
13 Posts
perfect
mundirman is offline Find More Posts by mundirman
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:53 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
What quick work!!!...At times I wished the world was a little smaller so that all of us with common interests could get together to fly and share designs...I know that the internet has made the world "smaller" by linking us together but it sure would be nice to see all of these creations fly in person!!!

Again, GREAT WORK!!!

Kevin
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
thanks guys,
glide testing went well, CG right where it should be, and she glides very nicely
all she needs now is the Pegasus installed.

Joe
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
I have one of those.....
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:32 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
I have one of those.....
I bet you do have one, indeed!!!......I can only imagine what you have going on in your "Skunkworks"!!!......

The last Pegasus I had was one of these--- http://www.amtjets.com/PegasusHP.php
A fire breathing MONSTER!!!...Not a RR version but awefully close by modeling standards...I don't fly turbines any more due to the costs involved...I can have an airforce FULL of micros for what one turbine costs to rebuild............

Joe---I hope that you do get your Pegasus installed and has plenty of thrust............

Kevin
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:24 AM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
weather looks good for a Sunday afternoon maiden, hopefully this one goes a bit better than the last one

Joe
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
attempted once again to get the Harrier in the air, unbeknownst to me was that the ESC had popped loose from where I had mounted it and the wires were contacting the nose of the rotor slowing it enough that it just didnt have enough poop to get going.....the last attempt on the video she mad a sickly noise and fluttered to the ground the ESC had moved even farther back and....made full contact and that was all she wrote for this attempt
I will preform some surgery and get everything back where it should be, and give it another go....might have to wait till next weekend to try again...but here is what video we could get of the attempts, I'am pretty sure she'll fly once the "bugs" are wrung out

Joe

Harrier attempt (0 min 0 sec)
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:40 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
That sucker'll fly Joe!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
hey Dave,
It should, might have to put another ESC in it, think I might have over amp'ed this one by the wires stalling the fan...no school tomorrow because of MLK day so if I can get her fixed up tonight I might be able to get a flight out of it before I have to go to work

Joe
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:46 PM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
My video has been choppy so i might not be seeing the real problem but maybe a stronger toss, might need more speed!
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:54 PM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240 View Post
My video has been choppy so i might not be seeing the real problem but maybe a stronger toss, might need more speed!
nah, the wires from the motor to the ESC were rubbing the nose of the fan, the ESC must have popped loose from where I had it mounted, the last toss in the vid you can hear the fan make a weird noise....that was the ESC going fully into the fan. I removed the fan and ESC last night and replaced both with new units, now it has enough power, very noticeable increase in thrust
going to give it another go in about an hour.

Joe
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:00 PM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
O good! my sound has been messed up laty so i didnt hear the fan rubbing.
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240